how much are tri colours?

Includes Species Profile
Craig52

In Vic they are $120 pr
Tiaris

I still sell mine for $120pr for young unrelated pairs. I'd be very reluctant to buy 18month old TCPFs for breeding purposes at any price.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tiaris wrote:I still sell mine for $120pr for young unrelated pairs. I'd be very reluctant to buy 18month old TCPFs for breeding purposes at any price.
Not for breeding neighbour just wants colour in her aviary to go with Gouldians...got Ruddies as well....have ordered Orangebreast and RC Cordons for her....if they breed its a bonus :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
SamDavis

A few breeders in the Sydney area have been selling young TCPFs for $90 pair. They've certainly come down in price over the last few years. I keep 2 pair and they've never really bred all that well for me.
Netsurfer

SamDavis wrote:A few breeders in the Sydney area have been selling young TCPFs for $90 pair. They've certainly come down in price over the last few years. I keep 2 pair and they've never really bred all that well for me.
I wouldn't say $90, if you look around the Birdshops in Sydney they are sold for around $230 a pair, which means you can get more selling them to a shop then selling them privately for $90. I get $100 for the Red-faced Parrot Finches which still sell reasonably well and up to $80 for Blue-faced. Tanimbars I kept over the years were not always reliable until I got a good pair. Their first clutch and they fledged 4 out of 4, they're very tame and extremely good feeders and parents.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Netsurfer on 22 Oct 2012, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Netsurfer

Tiaris wrote:I still sell mine for $120pr for young unrelated pairs. I'd be very reluctant to buy 18month old TCPFs for breeding purposes at any price.
I can't see anything wrong with 18 month old birds they produce well even into their 6 - 7 year. 18 month olds are into their prime.
Tiaris

You'd have to ask yourself why are they being sold at 18months of age. That is my point.
Tiaris

And how do you know they are just 18 months old & not say 5 years. That too is my point.
Craig52

Netsurfer wrote:
SamDavis wrote:A few breeders in the Sydney area have been selling young TCPFs for $90 pair. They've certainly come down in price over the last few years. I keep 2 pair and they've never really bred all that well for me.
I wouldn't say $90, if you look around the Birdshops in Sydney they are sold for around $230 a pair, which means you can get more selling them to a shop then selling them privately for $90. I get $100 for the Red-faced Parrot Finches which still sell reasonably well and up to $80 for Blue-faced. Tanimbars I kept over the tears were not always reliable until I got a good pair. Their first clutch and they fledged 4 out of 4, they're very tame and extremely good feeders and parents.
Well i have to say what Sam is saying is true,and of coarse dealers are selling them for $230 a pr,they give you peanuts and sell them for gold so they can cover their overheads so they don't go broke,thats a silly thing to say imo. Craig
Netsurfer

crocnshas wrote:
Netsurfer wrote:
I wouldn't say $90, if you look around the Birdshops in Sydney they are sold for around $230 a pair, which means you can get more selling them to a shop then selling them privately for $90. I get $100 for the Red-faced Parrot Finches which still sell reasonably well and up to $80 for Blue-faced. Tanimbars I kept over the tears were not always reliable until I got a good pair. Their first clutch and they fledged 4 out of 4, they're very tame and extremely good feeders and parents.
Well i have to say what Sam is saying is true,and of coarse dealers are selling them for $230 a pr, they give you peanuts and sell them for gold so they can cover their overheads so they don't go broke,thats a silly thing to say imo. Craig
I think it's reasonable to expect around about 50% mark when you're selling them to a shop, some give you a little bit more, others a little bit less. I have no problem with that but $90? Than again if you wanna get rid of some birds you can sell them for $20 if you like. Other times if they are in demand you can ask more than the shops are selling them for, I know I do. Can't blame the shops it's not always easy staying in business, if your price is to high customers go elsewhere if the price is too low it huts your pocket! :) The important thing is knowing the price range in the shops and the amount you're happy giving them away, that's how I look at it.

Return to “Tri Coloured Parrot Finch”