how much are tri colours?

Includes Species Profile
Danny

There are several people selling them up here for $90 - I believe Russell K had them for $90 at his recent young bird sale. Prices vary between states. Here in balmy QLD, tricolours breed like weeds for some and are actually hard to sell at times. That is no indication of the quality of the birds for sale, just regional variation in supply and demand.
Netsurfer

Danny wrote:There are several people selling them up here for $90 - I believe Russell K had them for $90 at his recent young bird sale. Prices vary between states. Here in balmy QLD, tricolours breed like weeds for some and are actually hard to sell at times. That is no indication of the quality of the birds for sale, just regional variation in supply and demand.
That's true, birds in Queensland are always cheaper than in other states, just look at the QFS price list. Even years ago I remember I got a pair of Grey Singers of Leon Dooracker for $120 which actually bred and here in NSW you couldn't even get them for $350- $450. Curiously I asked him why are they so cheap he said that's how much they were in Queensland.
Tricolor probably breed well in Queensland because of the much warmer weather then in the other states.
SamDavis

It's not just Queensland, I know many people in the Sydney area who are now breeding heaps of Tricolors just as easily as they breed blue and red faced parrot finches. Therefore it makes perfect sense to me that the price would come down to a more realistic $90 pair (close to red and blue face parroties). Haven't been in a bird shop recently, but I'd be surprised if the dealers/shops don't lower their prices soon too.
elferoz777

I paid $110 for my pair

Must say they didn't do much till I changed the dynamics of my aviary.

Now they have built a big nest and although the eggs were clear I have made more changes recently which I think will result in some young.

I have 2 hens and a cock bird.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.

Return to “Tri Coloured Parrot Finch”