I have my birds.... So happy.

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
E Orix

Time will tell. I'm often wrong.
Hope so in this case
Zippythedoublebar

If everyone else wants to call it Patel so be it,

But in my mind he is a dilute
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
GouldianGuy

Well we were all speaking the same genetic/phenotypic language, just semantics.

Beautiful birds is the best way to describe them I'd say
Tiaris

Maybe it is semantics but its those semantics that confuse the hell out of beginners.
Craig52

Tiaris, it's time to give up and stop bashing your head against a brick wall with this generation and let them continue on with the cocktail of mixed mutations we have now. I have tried my best on other public forums only to be howled down as a know all and as it's all out of control because this generation is superior to the last and wont listen to the experienced knowledge of others . :o :? :shock: Craig
GouldianGuy

Sorry guys never meant to sound like a young whipper snapper, just clarifying Australian vs. EuroAmerican definitions of dilute.

It's important for everyone, including beginners, to be aware of this, as what you read on the internet can be very confusing/misleading.
Tiaris

Euros & American don't have the recessive dilute (to my knowledge) to complicate the ambiguous common name issue as Australians do. There is a real issue in researching foreign info on mutations where there is little common ground on established mutations and their labels.

It is a bit like belting your melon against a brick wall Craig, but we can't complain about the mish-mash of mutation genes through normal phenotype stock on one hand and not seek to clarify the identity & inheritence of the different mutations to try to minimise the mish-mash where ever possible IMO. Whether or not any generation takes any notice is entirely up to them.
kazfromadelaide

They all are going awesomely. B1 is starting to get on the back of B2, time will tell. Zippy and Zappy have stated to build their nest. Lachie comes up to the wire when I go out side and sings me the most beautiful little song. I am in love.
kazfromadelaide

E Orix wrote:I would be buying the 2 Painted as two cock birds, once you see red any where near the lower mandible
you can be pretty sure that it is not a female
My Twins colouring up nicely... B1 and B2 now sticks as both boys....They are gorgeous. They are never far away from each other.
3 EMBLEMAS 640.jpg
640.jpg
I love that their beaks are black on top and red under. I never noticed that until I saw the pic. Also the little white dots look like love hearts..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

I was wrong, they are both cocks. :o Craig

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”