Thomson aluminium bird feeders?

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
Darkangel1977

Hello, im looking at getting one of the thomson aluminium bird feeders for my new finch aviary. Anybody had any experience with them? For finches or otherwise?? Ill attach a pic for reference if i can. Thanks
SL3-front-e1412481460908-1024x768.jpg
http://thomsonsaviary.com.au/thomson-al ... feeders/6/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Gouldian Breeder and Bird lover
Craig52

They do look well made but i don't know how they would work for finches with the slippery aluminium. The idea of that one is for parrots to sit on the front perch and reach in but finches will have to jump in the bowl imo.
Open dishes with high sides work better for finches and grasses ect on the floor. Craig
Darkangel1977

Yeah good call.... i was hoping to in the future use the same feeders for lorries or other hook bills.... hmmmmm. Perhaps i can mount them and then use my traditional feeders for the finches until i need to use them
D0NKEY

I believe they do have a finch version with shallower wider feeders and wooden perch. Was looking at same for my aviaries.
Darkangel1977

Yeah i did see that one. Looked nice.... i could still see them jumping from the perch into those tubs though. But looked like a better option. I think in the end though il just do my usual feeding regime for the finches as in my kitty litter tray with bowls inside to catch spillage then when i change over to hook bills in that aviary eventually go to those feeders. Hopefully as i build the aviary i can incorperate those feedersin then remove them for later use. I just like the idea of keeping the feed stations off the the bottom of the suspended..... although i guess its not the end of the world

Return to “Diet & Food”