My Peach face Lovebirds

Zebra finch

Hey every one sorry for posting my lovebirds on a finch forum but i do hope that some of you like the mutations that i have. The aviary that they are in was built last year just after my 15th birthday haha my only present was 6 sheets of mesh but its the thought that counts and was finished and added birds on new years day. Any way i designed it myself and pretty much built it all my self just got a hand to flip sides over or got someone to hold the shaky ladder while i was welding on the roof. At the moment i have about seven breeding pairs of Peach face Lovebirds that are bred three times a year with breaks in between. I hand raise alot of their babies and enjoy selling them to people that like them so much that they order more. I don't have many rare pairs but i have just found out that i can produce birds worth about $150 each yet the parents are only worth $30 - $40 each so i am pretty stoked. They will be absolute gems but i won't be home to breed them as i am leaving next year looking for station work. So my younger brothers will have to breed all the good stuff for me. Anyway here are some pics of my birds.

IMG_1558 (480x640).jpg
IMG_1350 (640x480).jpg
IMG_1310 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0685 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0209 (640x480) (2).jpg
IMG_0141 (800x600).jpg
IMG_0128 (600x800).jpg
DSC_0549.jpg
DSC_0511.jpg
DSC_0216 (640x425).jpg
DSC_0149 (640x425).jpg
DSC_0076 (640x425).jpg
DSC_0038 (640x425).jpg
DSC_0026 (640x425).jpg
bird one.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elferoz777

Very nice birds!

What's station work?
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Craig52

Congratulations and well done, there is some unusual looking peaches among that lot. :clap: Craig
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's a really nice collection of birds you've got there. :)

Lovebirds are great. I have a breeding colony of Masked Lovebirds myself, though I'm currently trying to sell them to make more room for finches. :lol:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You want to be a jack-a-roo? Not much time for birds for a few years if you go doing that.
LML
LML
Zebra finch

Station work is working on a cattle property mainting everything that has to do with livestock. So yer Dads been a stockman his whole life and same with his farther and now me. Yer i will have to give up on my birds for some years but i have a 14yr old brother and one 6 yr old and a 4 yr old so they should be able to look after them, tho i will cut rite down to only the best mutations so that they don't have to much to do. And hopefully somtime in the next ten years i will be able to pick up my aviary and my birds that have been bred from the best. My plan is to breed Lutino cinnamon opalines as i can do that with to cinnamon opalines that i have here. I am going to leave all the breeding instructions for my brother so that he can breed the Lutino cinnamon opalines while i am gone.
bob21358

Great photos and well done.

I kept peachfaces and masked lovebirds for many years. Great fun to watch as they have great personalities. Always thought they were mis-named as they can be the most vicious birds - even to there own kind!

My daughter was hand raising them quite succesfully - but always seemed to get the odd painful nip!

Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Parrots”