Linoelated Parrots

vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well my new pair of Linnie inmates have settled in well with finches and Scarlets. .I have always had 3 feed stations and 2 water stations..so we shall see how everything goes once linnies breed..then it may be different. .although the Scarlets have young in nest again so he makes sure nothing in his nesting zone...aprox 1/2 mtr dia from entrance in all directions. ... :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pick of them in cage before transfer :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
AMCA26

Nice, I have mine in a cage. 3 nests no young, but the last 2 nests there were fertile eggs.
Breeding Show Zebra Finches, Blue Gouldians, Pied Orange Breast.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AMCA26 wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 15:38 Nice, I have mine in a cage. 3 nests no young, but the last 2 nests there were fertile eggs.
So they dont have a set breeding season? These two have never been put together before. ..so it may be a while before they bond.. :thumbup:
elferoz777

They have a set season unless bred indoors under climate control.

Like most humidity it the key so expect breeding from Dec to April, well thats what mine do.

Vp
Are you keeping them with finches n scarlets or in their own cage?
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
elferoz777

Heres my best pr with their latest baby.

The are green/turq/ino x green/turq and have thrown creamino, lutino, green splits but yet to get a blue bird.

I have a few other prs including turqoise and cobalts and a heap of green splits.

Welcome to the addiction!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

elferoz777 wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 06:13 They have a set season unless bred indoors under climate control.

Like most humidity it the key so expect breeding from Dec to April, well thats what mine do.

Vp
Are you keeping them with finches n scarlets or in their own cage?
Cheers Thanks for that ...yeah they will be kept/bred in aviary with finches and Scarlets. ...unless they are too territorial at nest box...but so far they are more interested in climbing all over the wire and calling out to local lorikeets etc.... hopefully our humidity is good for them...heat shouldn't be a problem as since second roof on heat inside has dropped dramatically. ..no longer see and birds with wings out or beaks partially open... :thumbup: and its been up in high 30s humidity around 70% so far
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love the greens and cobalts ..don't mind the dark greens either..... if I breed some will probably get another pair of them.... :thumbup:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well Linnies and Scarlets getting on too well :think: just seen an immature Scarlet trying to feed the male Linnie. ..don't think nothing will come of it.. linnie took a couple of bumps on the beak and climbed up to his mate...wonder what he thought to himself :D
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Must be love in the air after all the rains..seen male Linnie feeding Hen today and both are making growling noises on top of a couple of nest boxes. .. fingers crossed 😉

Return to “Parrots”