Linoelated Parrots

Craig52

Fingers crossed Dave, sounds like they are going to do the right thing. Good Luck :thumbup:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Craig52 wrote: ↑23 Mar 2018, 19:05 Fingers crossed Dave, sounds like they are going to do the right thing. Good Luck :thumbup:
Hopefully it all goes well. ..will keep you posted. ..πŸ˜‰
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
elferoz777

the last nest of the season is usually April so you may have some luck
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good luck. :thumbup:
LML
LML
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well looks like hen has picked a nest box high up in dark part of covered section. ..male on top of box and keeps sticking head in ....its a half open fronted box about size of budgie box....one the diamonds have used once before. ..πŸ˜‰
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well nothing came of that little run...but last week caught male feeding hen...so put a proper box in there and within a day of that both spent most of the day in it...next day male wouldn't let hen anywhere near it...so she started looking elsewhere. .every time she got close to their box he screamed and flew at her?? This went on all day..thought I might have to separate if it got serious but nothing bad just all bluff...next day its back to normal calling each other and both in and out box again...wondering if part of courtship to show hen he is a good guardian? Well I have read most matings take place in box and eggs around week to 10 days later...see if she is sitting when I get home Monday week..fingers crossed
elferoz777

They can be aggressive to each other. I usually breed in a 120cm x 45 x 45. Seems easier to control believe it or not. They seem to bond better also. Other prs calling will also start them off. If no other prs youtube clips help if played on a phone fot a bit. Sounds odd but it works.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

elferoz777 wrote: ↑11 Aug 2018, 14:57 I usually breed in a 120cm x 45 x 45. Seems easier to control believe it or not. They seem to bond better also. Other prs calling will also start them off.
That would probably work if I was home every night or retired πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but I work away 7 days and then home for 7 days. ...so a community aviary is easier for me to look after. ..πŸ˜‰

Return to β€œParrots”