Dilute(?) Bar-Shouldered Dove

arthur

It appears that the Good Lord has been trying His hand at mutation breeding . again . . (doesn't He know that it is unnatural??) . . with an extremely light coloured B-S Dove appearing in our yard and feeding at the Guinea Fowl seed dish with normal coloured mates and Cresteds

Haven't seen it for a couple of days now, and hope that it hasn't fallen prey to the Goshawk that appears annually with the onset of the cooler weather

Obviously I will try for a photo . . and if it does keep returning I may have to offer up a little prayer to that same Good Lord beginning with: "Lead me not into temptation . . :innocent:
matcho

arthur wrote: Obviously I will try for a photo . . and if it does keep returning I may have to offer up a little prayer to that same Good Lord beginning with: "Lead me not into temptation . . :innocent:
Love it! :lol:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If one has avairies, and native birds of a type on both the inside and outside, temptation can be a problem. :twisted: Fortunately this does not happen here. :eh:
LML
LML
arthur

Of course not . . though I am sure, that like me you would rise above it if it did ever occur . . :innocent: :innocent:

BUT . . on the other hand
temp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes mutations appear in nature...usually for the betterment of the species...but as you suggested if it falls to prey it wont establish.... thats how I was taught at school..
correct me if I'm wrong.. :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
arthur

vettepilot_6 wrote:...but as you suggested if it falls to prey it wont establish....
:think:

I suggest that its establishment, or otherwise, depends very much on to whom it falls prey . . :eh:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

arthur wrote:I suggest that its establishment, or otherwise, depends very much on to whom it falls prey . . :eh:
:thumbup: :D so does that make it an unnatural establishment.. :think: :D
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
iaos

I had the pleasure the other day watching about 20 feral pigeons feeding on the local oval, all were grey/blue bar one, it was a fawn brown colour... Well the peregrine knew which one it was aiming for. As the flock flushed at the presence on the peregrine, they got to about 2 m off the ground before the brown one became lunch. An awesome sight, but I'm sure that pigeon wishes it were grey.

Cheers Ian
arthur

vettepilot_6 wrote:
arthur wrote:I suggest that its establishment, or otherwise, depends very much on to whom it falls prey . . :eh:
:thumbup: :D so does that make it an unnatural establishment.. :think: :D

It may well do . .

And I am happy to go on record as an antidisestablishmentarian, in matters such as this :silent:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the brown one became lunch.
Which just goes to show that standing out from the crowd will get you noticed. In bad ways as well as good.
LML
LML

Return to “Doves & Pigeons”