Jap quail

BlackCobra

GregH wrote:Graham the Filipinos buy them because it reminds them of home. Over here Jap quail eggs sell for about $8/dozen but over there I used to get a tray of 24 for less than $1.50. They are a common roadside snack - 5 boiled eggs in a plastic tube with salt in the bottom for $1. It's a good way of earning cash for the locals but it is rather cruel when you see how it's done. Image Photo from EntrePinoys. Of course we have space and they don't.
My old neighbor was Filipino & we got to know a lot of her Filipino friends over the years & there was something about Jap eggs, maybe there like the Chinese & thing there's a medicinal property to them, I do remember there was something special about them, Im trying to remember it was over 15 years ago, I just rang my friend but she dosnt remember anything special about them, only that you can buy them anywhere, but I do remember her friend that use to buy lots from me, she is the wife of a local dentist here, I was going to ring her but it was too late they be gone home from work & I cant find there home number, I do remember there was something special about them, for all I know it could have been a local specialty were she come from.
anyway it dosnt matter, lol
elferoz777

all I remember is in peru we ate them when I stayed with the out law's....I mean in laws.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nothing special about Quail eggs for Filipino....they put them in with rice because they are a good size mixed with the meal....and taste just like chicken eggs according to my Filipino sister in law...
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”