moveable dismantleable lawn cage/run

Shark

coopcroppedwheeldown.jpg
coopcroppedwheelup.jpg
coopwheels.jpg
Here are some pics of a bantam run i made recently, it slots together and comes apart in panels. Held together with the slots and 4 tech screws. The door is on the other side, a sliding door goes over the front at night. (this keeps the rooster relatively quiet until we let them out at a reasonable hour).
The wire roof just sits in grooves on top. The wheels are hooked up when not in use and swivel under when cage is lifted. The birds are Pekin bantams. (feather foots apparently dig less, i'm told).
Interestingly the wheels were going to cost me $30+ for non ball bearing plastic wheels. the ball bearing ones were more again. I saw a box mover trolley for $17- already with axel, cotterpin holes and cotterpins. So cut it up and tossed the trolley
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
____________________/\__________________________\0/________________________
SamDavis

Looks great. I've often thought about making a chook tractor but never got past the thought stage so far. Good idea to use the cheap trolley - maybe you could've used the handles off the trolley at the other end?
Shark

ya know i never even considered that, but yea why not
____________________/\__________________________\0/________________________

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”