Chickens next to finches

dazzab

Hi everyone.
I haven’t been on the forum for a long time. I hope everyone is doing well. I got rid of most of my finches and got a couple of pairs of zebras.
My kids are keen to get a few chooks and I’m happy to do so. My options to house them are to get rid of the zebras and use the aviary or build an enclosure next to the aviary. I just need to know if the chooks will be too active at night and spook the finches. They won’t be able to see each other but the side of the aviary will be the divider. The chicken enclosure will probably run down the side and behind the aviary in an L shape. This is mainly to use the limited space I have in my yard. I just don’t want the chickens to spook the finches at night. Does anyone think this will be a big problem? Like I said I’d rather use the aviary for the chooks if having them this close to the finches isn’t a good idea.
Thanks
Daz
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the wall between them is solid and the chickens do not have lights. I think it could work out OK Never can be 100% sure, but Zebs are pretty bomb proof.
LML
LML
Rod_L

I have 2 concerns.
1) if the chickens panic at night it will scare the heck out of the other birds.
2) if the chickens catch a disease or are infected when you get them, the disease could kill the other birds you have.

Make sure the chickens are vaccinated before you get them.
Have a decent wooden enclosure for the chooks to sleep in at night to help muffle any noises from them.
death to all cats & ants

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”