No Luck

vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So far I have bought 3 "pairs" of Lizard Canaries from 3 different Canary Breeders.... and guess what...ended up with 6 hens lol...go figure...One lone ordinary Lizard cock (he sings) in the pet shop might get a start I think :crazy: :lol:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Spitfire

vette pilot 6.. did you also get the expert bull....that came with those hens. My heart goes out to you, maybe we can pair off with my 7 cock diamonds :thumbdown:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spitfire wrote:vette pilot 6.. did you also get the expert bull....that came with those hens. My heart goes out to you, maybe we can pair off with my 7 cock diamonds :thumbdown:
nah its all good like all birds that are hard to sex, its just one of those things, like your diamonds, I just think its funny, as I have bought RFPF and others that are hard to sex as trios, and 99% of the time I always ended up with atleast one hen....just bought 3 pair (young) Strawberrys and it looks like only 1 o 2 will be hens at this stage..so fingers crossed on them too lol..
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
TailFeathers

vettepilot_6 wrote:
Spitfire wrote:vette pilot 6.. did you also get the expert bull....that came with those hens. My heart goes out to you, maybe we can pair off with my 7 cock diamonds :thumbdown:
nah its all good like all birds that are hard to sex, its just one of those things, like your diamonds, I just think its funny, as I have bought RFPF and others that are hard to sex as trios, and 99% of the time I always ended up with atleast one hen....just bought 3 pair (young) Strawberrys and it looks like only 1 o 2 will be hens at this stage..so fingers crossed on them too lol..
How old were the birds y purchased?
TailFeathers

It's good to have a 3:1 ratio of hens to males canaries. If you have a real good male, you can work him good from what I'm told.

I have seen first hand.. Just make sure you put the male in the middle of a 3 bird cage so he sees both and they see him. After works for him and with the one female when he's done doing the deed and she leads for eggs you release them into the other cage with the other hen don't reintroduce the mail until after the babies have began eating and if you see that he actually feeds Omaha the Huns gets overly protective then take the mail out on the lawn and his own separate cage

Return to “Canaries”