Mules from E. GF x Canari

TailFeathers

I found that the best way to pair a male goldfinch to a canary hen is by using a smaller sized canary such as the raza espanol.

Goldfinches are slightly smaller, leaner and have a longer posture than most canaries and so the chance of fertilization are slim if you pair a larger canary hen to a smaller goldfinch.

Hope this helps for those who want mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"" Tailfeathers wrote
I'm new to breeding, specially canaries. I love birds and will begin breeding zebra finches and canaries very soon. I hope to gain a wealth of knowledge by speaking with my friends in the great country of Australia.""
So you have gone from inexperienced to experienced in how many weeks??
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
TailFeathers

Tailfeathers wrote:
I'm new to breeding, specially canaries. I love birds and will begin breeding zebra finches and canaries very soon. I hope to gain a wealth of knowledge by speaking with my friends in the great country of Australia.""
So you have gone from inexperienced to experienced in how many weeks??

Not an expert but an experimenter and have gained lots of experience.

Thank you from USA.
mattymeischke

Advice for younger or less experienced players: do not feed the troll.
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
TailFeathers

mattymeischke wrote:Advice for younger or less experienced players: do not feed the troll.
There's absolutely no reason to try an be an Internet bully. I can go on and on, but that would mean I actually acknowledge low lives. I'm not saying you're a low life, but there's no reason for you to be posting things like this.
BluJay

:wtf:
Last edited by BluJay on 11 Dec 2014, 10:33, edited 2 times in total.
mattymeischke

I am not flaming him/her.
I am advising other members not to respond to this provocative post.
At the same time as posting the above, he sent me a private message which was racially and religiously provocative.
I do not think (s)he is trying to learn about birds, I think this is purely provocative trolling.

We welcome all comers here, but if you make extravagant claims you should expect to be asked for further information.
This should not cause hypersensitive reactions, as it evidently did last night.
A little bit of patience and understanding on both sides goes a long way.

And what paranoid conspiracy theory do you allude to in your last post, BluJay?
Please spell out the problem, if you think there is a problem, instead of intimating foul play with nebulous assertions.

May I take this opportunity to thank the unpaid hobbyists who put in their time and care to provide a forum where we can discuss our pastime - the owners and moderators of this forum.

Thank you,
Matt.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
BluJay

And having a certain bird breed in a cage is extravagant? It was dead issue. Not to mention the badgering in Pm, then the answer. Then the question, again. It's very clear who's holding hands with who. Let see, bird changes colour, bird build nest, hen flutters wings, bird humps and bumps bird. Simple. I did nothing to make it happen, but it did. Period. Go back and read the thread, I thanked a dude for posting about lighting, and shared some of my experience with it. Bottom line.
Last edited by BluJay on 11 Dec 2014, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.
mattymeischke

I do not understand your reply, BluJay.
Please explain.
BluJay

Isn't that your inference with this comment:
We welcome all comers here, but if you make extravagant claims you should expect to be asked for further information.
This should not cause hypersensitive reactions, as it evidently did last night.
A little bit of patience and understanding on both sides goes a long way.

And go read the the thread on Hybids by tailfeathers.

The response is talking at cross purposes. There was no way from the public discussion to know that the underlying purpose was for entertainment. It had sounded like the forum's purpose was to discuss keeping birds. Taken from that perspective, the only way to understand the public comments was as flaming invective and to be insulting. There is no room in that perspective for any serious discussion of birds.

Return to “Canaries”