Head Stripe on Canary

garyh

Ugh, come on Red ,after reading about the new mutation canaries i rang my mum and told her she had virtually won tattslotto,so those 20 or 30 birds are just very common ,oh well there goes the inheritance ,garyh
TailFeathers

garyh wrote:Ugh, come on Red ,after reading about the new mutation canaries i rang my mum and told her she had virtually won tattslotto,so those 20 or 30 birds are just very common ,oh well there goes the inheritance ,garyh

Gary... please show me the pictures. I have also stated that there a NON-variegated canaries with this stripe.
garyh

TF,as you can see by almost all my posts there are very few pic's,and the one's that have photo's are posted by someone else,but your most welcome to come and have a look at the birds anytime,garyh
TailFeathers

So basically.. you have no photos to go by and you want me to travel all the way to Australia to take a look?
BluJay

Tailfeathers, does this cock bird have the stipe?:

TailFeathers

BluJay wrote:Tailfeathers, does this cock bird have the stipe?:

No it has more of a broken cap in addition to another spot near his neck. All the birds I'm about to purchase have one stripe on the head only. Some aren't perfect, others are. These stripes do not reach from eye to eye, they have no other spot on their backs. They only come with variegated bellies, white tipped wings and tails and the stripe on their head on the variegated canaries. On the non-variegated, they simply have one stripe.

He has yellow male canaries with one black stripe on the back of their head in addition to bronze canaries.

Whether or not these are classed as a variety or mutation from fellow members, they look beautiful and I will be breeding them to perfection in order to isolate this stripe. I hope it goes well.
garyh

Well in another post you said you wanted to come to Aus,while your here come and see for your self,good holday spot and you might discover something new,garyh
TailFeathers

garyh wrote:Well in another post you said you wanted to come to Aus,while your here come and see for your self,good holday spot and you might discover something new,garyh
Not yet.. and they're aren't any immigrant clubs. But since you want me to see.. is it okay if I sleep over a couple nights? I'll take the couch its ok with me. HAHAHA
garyh

No Probs,garyh
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will be breeding them to perfection in order to isolate this stripe. I hope it goes well.
Good luck. I don;t know how you will go. But budgie breeders work with perfecting certain markings to make banded pieds. They have limited, but occassional success and the birds are extra attractive. So hopefully you can do the same. Some that work just right and unfortunately more that don;t. Nothing worthwhile is easy.
LML
LML

Return to “Canaries”