Donations for the new Server.

E Orix

You will see a new section asking for Donations.
As many have experienced problems with the server dropping out etc the Admin. decided that they should investigate a Server
better suited to the Forum.Access to these Servers is easy except it costs money, the Admin can't be expected to pay the $1200 p.a
so it was decided to ask the members to contribute. If YOU ARE WILLING would you send a pm to E Orix for bank details.
You will receive a receipt and much appreciation from Admin. Any money received will be put aside in total for the new Server.
gouldianpaul

Hi EOrix,

If Admin needs $1200 pa maybe you could consider applying a $1 fee for each Classifieds posting....maybe in the form of paying $10 for 10 postings...us members who benefit from the forum would surely be prepared to help finance the cost of the server...just my thoughts...cheers, Paul
E Orix

It would most likely work but the $1000 a week I would require to manage it may dampen the idea.
Seriously simply asking for donations is the way to go at the moment,I hopefully can control it and issue the correct receipts.
It will also give us a gage of how many are serious enough for the Forum to progress.
E Orix
Simba

Is there a way the forum could sell some advertising space ? maybe to a seed supplier or something, we don't want it full of ads but $1200 is cheap advertising to a business and could be tax detuctable to them, Just a thought.
Breeder of Gouldian Finches
Buzzard-1

It's in the pipeline but until we can guarantee a reliable Forum it would not be honest to charge advertisers a fee to advertise. Hence the upgrade.
SamDavis

Buzzard-1 wrote:It's in the pipeline but until we can guarantee a reliable Forum it would not be honest to charge advertisers a fee to advertise. Hence the upgrade.
Makes perfect sense. And once we've got a quick forum how could advertisers resist?
Thanks again to all those admin/mods who continue to make this a great forum.
Last edited by SamDavis on 28 Jan 2012, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.
Matt

I'm more than happy to contribute so please send bank details my way. I am a member of several clubs and pay yearly membership to each of them. I consider this forum to be the best source of information available anywhere so I'd be happy to make an annual donation to ensure the forum keeps going.
Buzzard-1

Matt wrote:I'm more than happy to contribute so please send bank details my way. I am a member of several clubs and pay yearly membership to each of them. I consider this forum to be the best source of information available anywhere so I'd be happy to make an annual donation to ensure the forum keeps going.
PM sent
cookey

Matt wrote:I'm more than happy to contribute so please send bank details my way. I am a member of several clubs and pay yearly membership to each of them. I consider this forum to be the best source of information available anywhere so I'd be happy to make an annual donation to ensure the forum keeps going.
I agree with Matt. The AFF is awesome. When I first registered on the forum, I was actually a little surprised that there was no cost involved so well done to everyone for providing the service for free all this time. Send bank details my way and I'll contribute what I can, whenever I can.

Cookie
"If your surrounded by yes men, one of you has to go".
Colin Powell
Buzzard-1

PM sent

Return to “Anything else”