accidental hybrids

gomer

Myzomela wrote:Here's a doublebar x plumhead pr for sale on Gumtree at the moment...
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cameron- ... 1018873458
And he has even left his phone number to call.I hope someone gives him a earfull by trying to profit from this miss fortune.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
arthur

gomer wrote:And he has even left his phone number to call.I hope someone gives him a earfull by trying to profit from this miss fortune.
Perhaps a diplomatic approach and an explanation might work even better :innocent:

Of course he may well tell that 'someone' that it is none of his !@*%^#$ business
maz

Best price in a couple of weeks.....arrrghhh making them out to be worth more even though they were an "accident".....I hope no one offers him anything for them!
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hybrids I have seen recently are spice x Plumheads and California x Bobwhite Quail and fire x orange breast
maureen_g

Luckily I read this thread as I had no idea about so many finches hybridizing!! I happen to have a lone Plumhead cock in a mixed aviary. Have been trying desperately to get him a hen but they are so hard to come by. Today I went to the Fairfield bird sale and lo and behold plumhead pairs!!! Guy wanted $80 a pair. I offered him $60 for the hen. Now I finally have a gorgeous hen for my boy!!! :clap: :lol: :crazy: I also bought 2 Painted hens as the 2 hens I bought at the Central Coast sale have miraculously turned into males!!! Also bought 2 gorgeous Bengalese and a BF gould hen. Happy now even though I still have 2 Painted cocks too many!!! Grrrrrrr

Return to “Anything else”