Carduelis Psaltria Columbia

Aviario Moutón

Hello Partners,

Here I bring another subspecies of Psaltria , Columbia .
It is usual to find in Colombia , Venezuela and Brazil.
Currently we the kid , because it was hard to find in Spain and had no facility to find new , except German and Italian blood.
In Italy, where else can you find him .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUmJgUfnnmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVujuBy6W5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reB8csBpUpI

Greetings .
Carduelis Lawrencei
Carduelis Psaltria Psaltria
Carduelis Psaltria Jouyi
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A real colour contrast, with the bright yellow and pitch black. Do you have trouble with long toenails with any of your Goldfinches?
LML
LML
Aviario Moutón

finchbreeder wrote:A real colour contrast, with the bright yellow and pitch black. Do you have trouble with long toenails with any of your Goldfinches?
LML
Hello Friend,

No, what happens is that I do not like birds and manipulate much for the video they are seen with some long nails.
Plastic sticks no help file the nails , for it can put a fine sandpaper glued to sticks.

The colors of the males, are really beautiful .

greetings .
Carduelis Lawrencei
Carduelis Psaltria Jouyi
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I saw that you had a mix of plastic and natural perching. Generally we in Australia use all natural perching. But everyone will occassionally come across the long toenail problem and have to trim them.
LML
LML
Spitfire

What a Great addition to Australian Aviculture, if only we could import Finches.
Aviario Moutón

finchbreeder wrote:I saw that you had a mix of plastic and natural perching. Generally we in Australia use all natural perching. But everyone will occassionally come across the long toenail problem and have to trim them.
LML
Hello again Finchbreeder,

Yes , that's right . In the video they are perched on natural branches of a tree in Spain is called " Mimosa " I do not know the Latin name .
The problem with these branches , you can also see in the video, it is that they are very smooth and did not help to smooth the nails and finally returned to the plastic sticks .

Greetings
Carduelis Lawrencei
Carduelis Psaltria Jouyi
Aviario Moutón

Spitfire wrote:What a Great addition to Australian Aviculture, if only we could import Finches.

Hello Mate,

Honestly, I think it is possible , though the law in Australia with the introduction of Fauna and Flora are very extrictas .

Over time will be achieved.

greetings
Carduelis Lawrencei
Carduelis Psaltria Jouyi
Tiaris

We are becoming more regulated, legislated & restricted over time & "wildlife" laws are increasing over time not the other way.
I will eat a ute load of hats if legal finch imports ever occur into Australia in future for a number of insurmountable reasons.
Even if the authorities did allow some imports in future, we are strictly forbidden to bring any species which is not already here, so forget the notion that any prospect of future live bird imports means open slather with a whole raft of new species to play with.
Aviario Moutón

Tiaris wrote:We are becoming more regulated, legislated & restricted over time & "wildlife" laws are increasing over time not the other way.
I will eat a ute load of hats if legal finch imports ever occur into Australia in future for a number of insurmountable reasons.
Even if the authorities did allow some imports in future, we are strictly forbidden to bring any species which is not already here, so forget the notion that any prospect of future live bird imports means open slather with a whole raft of new species to play with.

It's a shame , but I understand, especially flora and fauna of Australia is unique and any introduced species that suits you can pose a problem for native biodiversity .
In Europe there is no such prohibition , but the borders were closed by the problem of Avian Influenza. No birds enter at least legally, but do come every year hundreds of birds in Asia, Africa and America, in other ways.

Greetings .
Carduelis Lawrencei
Carduelis Psaltria Jouyi

Return to “Anything else”