Sydney Royal Easter Show - Finch Show

News and announcements from bird clubs.
SamDavis

The Finch Society of Australia (FSA) is assisting with this year's Sydney Royal. The cage bird show (including finches) will be held on Thursday 26th March through to the afternoon of Friday 27th March (the first 2 days of the show). The FSA will also have a display aviary along with some promotional materials. Please drop by the Wynne Pavillion and say hello.

If you'd like to enter finches in the show all the details can be found here - http://www.sydneyroyal.com.au/CageBird.htm Entries for the show close on Monday 23rd February. If you would like to show but don't own show cages please let me know as the FSA may be able to assist by lending you some for the show.

Any other questions please ask....

Kinds regards,
Sam
FSA President
SamDavis

royal_advert.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamDavis

Entries are now coming in well from FSA members. I entered a heap of birds for 5 members today and I have a similar number to enter tomorrow so looks like we'll have a pretty good showing. There's also quite a diverse range of species entered.

I still have access to more show cages so feel free to make contact if you'd like to borrow some or would like assistance completing your on-line entry. Entries close this Monday 23/2/15 so no time to dawdle. ;-)
showcages2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tiaris

Sam, I don't think you'll get much of a result unless you can train your birds to all get up on the perches where you can see them.
timh

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
SamDavis

Tiaris wrote:Sam, I don't think you'll get much of a result unless you can train your birds to all get up on the perches where you can see them.
They're just camera shy. I'm sure they'll love the judge! :lol:
Craig52

SamDavis wrote:
Tiaris wrote:Sam, I don't think you'll get much of a result unless you can train your birds to all get up on the perches where you can see them.
Good luck Sam,aviary birds aint show birds. :wave: Craig
SamDavis

Craig52 wrote:
SamDavis wrote:
Good luck Sam,aviary birds aint show birds. :wave: Craig
At our last meeting some of the "show hardened members" explained the basics of show prep. so hopefully my birds will get the message and behave. :)
Although I wouldn't complain if I won a prize or two the real motivation is to promote aviculture - finch aviculture in particular. There will be countless thousands who pass through the cage bird pavilion, view our finches and display aviary. Hopefully this will be a positive experience that will raise awareness and maybe even encourage a few to join our obsession. Another small step that might assist and help counter some of the negative nonsense espoused by some animal rights crusaders.
Craig52

Yes we know Sam,just taking the micky out of you.The more exposure to the public the better but i still hate those bar cages for aviary bred finches :thumbup: :wave: Craig
SamDavis

Setting up for the Sydney Royal begins tomorrow (Wednesday 25/3) with birds arriving in the afternoon. We'll have a display aviary, slide show and of course the show itself.

The cage birds are in the Wynne Pavilion and will be open to the public this Thursday 26/3/15 and Friday 27/3/15 - come along and say hi.

Return to “Avicultural Clubs & Associations”