Javan Munias

iaos

I picked up a pair today that were for sale at the Lake Macquarie Zeb show. Definitely an impulse buy, but the price was right. After reading a bit about the purity of Javans around, please feel free to comment on this pair. I'm stoked with them either way, they seem like top little birds.

Any tips on sexing them?

Cheers
Ian
IMAG1082r.jpg
IMAG1083r.jpg
IMAG1085r.jpg
IMAG1086r.jpg
IMAG1091r.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

iaos wrote:I picked up a pair today that were for sale at the Lake Macquarie Zeb show. Definitely an impulse buy, but the price was right. After reading a bit about the purity of Javans around, please feel free to comment on this pair. I'm stoked with them either way, they seem like top little birds.

Any tips on sexing them?

Cheers
Ian
IMAG1082r.jpg
IMAG1083r.jpg
IMAG1085r.jpg
IMAG1086r.jpg
IMAG1091r.jpg
iaos Hi, The're not the the best birds i've seen or kept.The one with the blue ring(which is to large,will cause problems down the track)does to me look like a cock bird by bill size,head size and under the bill shape.The pink ring bird looks quite young with pin feathers still to break,but might be a hen.Give them a go and keep an eye out for better birds to breed into them if you want to get a colony going. Cheers Craig :wtf:
iaos

crocnshas wrote: iaos Hi, The're not the the best birds i've seen or kept.The one with the blue ring(which is to large,will cause problems down the track)does to me look like a cock bird by bill size,head size and under the bill shape.The pink ring bird looks quite young with pin feathers still to break,but might be a hen.Give them a go and keep an eye out for better birds to breed into them if you want to get a colony going. Cheers Craig :wtf:
Thanks Craig. Yes, I need to cut that ring off, just need to find the right kind of scissors. The breeder said they were young birds and thought the one with the white ring was a hen. :thumbup:

What are the qualities of a better Javan to keep an eye out for?

Cheers
Ian
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I know far too little about them to say anything, but good luck breeding them.
LML
LML
Buzzard-1

The breast looks clean lined and clear enough to be but may not be showing any hi-breed young will tell I guess. Just as long as your happy that's the main thing
nswchainsaw

Ian
Bruce is a top breeder and would only breed pure birds , good to catch with you , Brett and Harvey 11 i did not see Harvey 123456789.
Garry
iaos

nswchainsaw wrote:Bruce is a top breeder and would only breed pure birds
I wasn't questioning his integrity, just the general consensus is that the line has been polluted along the way and he can only breed with what he started with.
Finchman1

I have around 10 of these ,some came from South Australia.As has been mentioned look for a clean lined chest and white under belly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iaos

Thanks FInchman. :thumbup:
nswchainsaw

Ian
At no time did i think you were thinking that , sorry if it sounded like that.
Garry

Return to “Javan Munia”