Get together

Latest news from the AFF team.
gomer

Now the sales have finished for us Vics this year.I was wondering if their is any interest in a get together in the coming months.If wanted a get together could be held here as a weekend get together.Portland is 365 kms west of Melbourne along the coast.I have beds for 8 or 16 if you double up with partners.Or bring your van or tent for the weekend in the back yard.Things to do while here fishing,gannet colony ,seal colony for the serious walker,socializing and the best till last building avairies :thumbup: :lol: .Any suggestions of weekends ? any interest ?
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
djb78

Gomer sounds great but with work and a terrible two I'm unable but hope to see that others will take you up on the offer.
Danny
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would if I were closer :P
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
loz

Hi Gomer.
The west side of the state is a fair way to travel for many, how about a more central location like Geelong. That way i think you will get more members, I'm thinking of the Melbourne members, plus any in this area. Just a suggestion.
natamambo

Loz, that doesn't get Gomer's new aviaries built :lol: :lol: .

I might be in on it Gomer, a tour of your aviaries sounds fun! - just dont expect me to work too hard ;-) .
maz

Haven't been to Portland in years, might be a nice weekend away (but it will rain it always rains in Portland lol)
karl

I'm in give me a time and date :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
gomer

loz wrote:Hi Gomer.
The west side of the state is a fair way to travel for many, how about a more central location like Geelong. That way i think you will get more members, I'm thinking of the Melbourne members, plus any in this area. Just a suggestion.
loz a get together for a few hours in Melbourne or Geelong sounds good later on.That Was a idea I was thinking of aswell.I was thinking for those wanting a excuse to get out town for a night or two come here maybe somone else place next time.

How would the weekend of the 9th 10th 11th and 12th of November sound.Come any day you want and have a BBQ on the 10th for tea if anyone is coming for one night only.Maybe car pool with your AFF friends.Free BBQ tea Sat night and bacon and egg brecky Sun morn in trade of labor Natamambo :lol: .Our house is a reasonable size with four spare bedrooms, a lounge for a swag and a caravan or two as other options also three small bathrooms in the house for those wanting a little pivacy.Or bring your own van and wack it in the yard :?: :?:
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
branchez

Hi Derek, I was wondering if the visit would be restricted to AFF members, I'm thinking about the time Paul & I came down for a visit a couple
of months back, he's a fincho but dosn't have access to the internet. Also is there other aviaries in the area that we could visit.
I'll make the trip.
venetta

Can yas have a visit when Kylie and I are there in January??? Hahaha

Though we are hoping we'll be making a day trip to E Orix, and another day full of visits to djb78 and misso :D
Venetta and Kylie

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”