Access Problem

Latest news from the AFF team.
BOF33

:o :o :o No glitch.... just money :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: we all make mistakes :wave: :crazy: :clap:
Diane

SamDavis wrote:Looks to me that somebody didn't pay the domain name registration fees and hence the aussiefinchforum.net domain expired.
Well it wasnt AFF! :D
We are financial with the hosting company and will be right into the new year, :thumbup: I think the mix up must have started when we changed to the new server, they either didnt transfer the domain name over to the new server or didnt cancel it on the old one . November would be when the old server financial commitment would have been due.
Just glad its all sorted. No wonder my hair is grey :? :shh:
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
SamDavis

bluebutterfly213 wrote:
SamDavis wrote:Looks to me that somebody didn't pay the domain name registration fees and hence the aussiefinchforum.net domain expired.
Well it wasnt AFF! :D
We are financial with the hosting company and will be right into the new year, :thumbup: I think the mix up must have started when we changed to the new server, they either didnt transfer the domain name over to the new server or didnt cancel it on the old one . November would be when the old server financial commitment would have been due.
Just glad its all sorted. No wonder my hair is grey :? :shh:
Just to be clear - my comment above was in no way directed toward our fantastic band of terrific admin/moderators.
Sounds like a mix-up by the hosting company with regards to responsibility and charges for the domain registration. In any case, all is fixed and working well this morning - for me at least!
Diane

SamDavis wrote:Just to be clear - my comment above was in no way directed toward our fantastic band of terrific admin/moderators.
Absolutely no offence taken, hence my smiley face :D I did hope my comment wasnt taken the wrong way. :lol:
SamDavis wrote:Unfortunately it can take up to 48 hours for the correct DNS record to propagate through the internet to all domain name servers - hence some users may experience issues for a day or two.
Your above comment actually cleared up a problem for me as to why some could access the forum and others couldnt and still cant in some cases, access the forum while the host company are telling me everything is fixed.
I just hope those who cant access can be patient for a little while longer.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Danny

What a relief, I've had to talk to my wife, and even Myzo for three days. It's been exhausting.
E Orix

Maybe admin should charge a fee for entertainment and keeping people off the streets
or wife harassment etc etc :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
Myzomela

Danny wrote:What a relief, I've had to talk to my wife, and even Myzo for three days. It's been exhausting.
...I'm just recovering from my coma.... :lol: :lol:
Research; evaluate;observe;act
mattymeischke

E Orix wrote:Maybe admin should charge a fee for entertainment and keeping people off the streets
Reminds of the German "Man-creche" concept, where women leave their husbands at a bar with sports on cable TV, car mags and such like while they go shopping without having to put up with him.

Perhaps we could construct a large live-in aviary in Sydney or Melbourne, so when our country members go to the big smoke they can be safely left in a secure environment while their partners go and do whatever nonbirdy thing they want. Of course, the problem would be extracting the partner from the aviary when it was time to go....
Avid amateur aviculturalist; I keep mostly australian and foreign finches.
The art is long, the life so short; the critical moment is fleeting and experience can be misleading, crisis is difficult....... (Hippocrates)
SamDavis

mattymeischke wrote:
E Orix wrote:Maybe admin should charge a fee for entertainment and keeping people off the streets
Reminds of the German "Man-creche" concept, where women leave their husbands at a bar with sports on cable TV, car mags and such like while they go shopping without having to put up with him.

Perhaps we could construct a large live-in aviary in Sydney or Melbourne, so when our country members go to the big smoke they can be safely left in a secure environment while their partners go and do whatever nonbirdy thing they want. Of course, the problem would be extracting the partner from the aviary when it was time to go....
Might be a great project for the Sydney finch club. Should I bring it up at next week's meeting? Anyone happy to second the motion? :lol:
maryfrancis3

Thank goodness someone paid the bill.

I tried to gain access the other day and the site was expired because of non-payment. I was worried. I had so much to tell. Now I can't be bothered, excitement has passed lol

Glad the site is back online though :D

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”