Zebra Finch Young Bird Show

Latest news from the AFF team.
nswchainsaw

Tomorrow at Penrith Showground we have the Zebra Finch Young Bird Show 9AM to about 12 , there will be only about 80 birds there but you are welcome to come and have a look .
Garry
killimike

I might just do that!

I don't know the showground well, is it pretty easy to find?
killimike

Having just spoken to Gordy (thanks heaps for the info!!), it sounds like it should be fairly easy to find, even for the directionally challenged like me! :D

I will definitely stop by tomorrow morning and have a look see :)
Gordy

Easy to find Mike. Not many birds but will be a few colours for you to see.
Enter via the driveway nearest to the pool complex & follow around to the left.
Hope to see you there.
killimike

A good show! Thanks very much to the very kind members who welcomed me, particularly Gary, Gordon and Peter. There were about 70 birds at a guess, and a range of different colours, tho grey and marked white/CFW seemed to be most popular.

I was quite taken with the marked whites actually, as well as the black series birds, and the fawns... well, just about everything :D I learnt alot in a very brief time, and still miles to go. But I think I will be getting myself a small aviary and trying out a few pair. Any colours the forum recommends? :)

Congrats also to all the class winners, and in particular Peter who took out top bird on the day. Thanks very much for talking me through a few birds and helping me start to get my eye in!
Gordy

Thanks for the positive critique Mike. Zebra's certainly get varying comments from finch keepers.
Some travel the country attending shows, meetings etc & on the other hand I have been to some
general avi society/finch club meetings where they are scoffed at & equated to snake food.
Each to their own. :)
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gordy wrote:Thanks for the positive critique Mike. Zebra's certainly get varying comments from finch keepers.
Some travel the country attending shows, meetings etc & on the other hand I have been to some
general avi society/finch club meetings where they are scoffed at & equated to snake food.
Each to their own. :)
Thats terrible, without the humble Zebbie teaching them in their early years, most wouldn't have got to where they are today....All Hale the Little Aussie Icon :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
TomDeGraaff

here here !!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My collection will never be without the humble Zeb. The others may be more of a challenge. But the Zeb is always willing to reward you with success.
LML
LML
Finchy

killimike wrote:...marked white/CFW seemed to be most popular. I was quite taken with the marked whites actually....
What? Who? Please tell me more!!! I am still looking for good Marked Whites... Did you catch the names of any breeders?

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”