Donations

Latest news from the AFF team.
Craig52

ray_223 wrote:Hi David,

I'd be happy to donate $20 - what are the banking details?

Is it possible to list what the costs of running the site are so we know what we are paying for?

I'm not sure if others would mind - but maybe list all the people who have donated?
I agree with your last comment Ray,user names but not how much they have donated.

I believe the cost is around $1200 to $1500 but not real sure, David can confirm Craig
E Orix

I will need to discuss this with Admin.
One thing I am against is putting amounts to names, also I am sure there are quite a number who would not want their names in print.
Actually all receipts are only headed with Forum names and I think that is the way it should be.
To me a donation of $5 is just as important as one $20+. It shows that no matter what value is given, the person sees the
Forum worth a donation.
The cost of running the Forum would be around $1500+ per year, over half as a server cost and the rest goes on admin.
I should point out that every one of the initial 6 people are still well out of pocket with set up costs etc. but that is their decision.
It is planned that all admin. will meet to plan the future, we will need to budget for this as well. things like services, newsletter and programs
require time for planning and improvement.
Members keep saying how good and important the Forum is but to this stage we have received donations from 30 members in total,
from possibly 600+ active members.
I have also had members contact me asking if they could donate a small amount when they could afford the money. I simply assured them that because of their situation they can support us by using and promoting the Forum. This help is just as important for our future success.
At this stage I can say absolutely every dollar raised goes into the running and hopefully the improvement of the Forum.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A big thank you to the Owners of this forum. :flower: You are all great people. :bun:
LML
LML
Niki_K

I think it's a real shame that more people aren't willing to donate. I'm a student on a scholarship and managed to donate a small amount, so I'm sure a lot more people would also be able to do so. This forum has helped me so much over the past 18 months, and I really appreciate it.
biggerbills

Hi,
Can you PM the bank details for a donation.
Cheers
Grant
Diane

Banking details for donations can be found here. Thanks guys and gals, much appreciated.
viewtopic.php?f=205&t=10473
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”