New Business opportunity

Latest news from the AFF team.
Weaver

I have decided to retire and go into painting show cages. I am going to charge $1000 each two or more $1500 each and I think that is cheap.
I have just finished painting 35 Finch and 32 Gloster canary cages, The paint on the wire is still wet but that doesn,t matter because I don,t have to put the birds in untl tomorrow.
Of course while I have been sanding them back, priming them and then putting the final coat on; there hasn't been much opportunity to do any training with them.
If you make it to Manly you will be able to see my new colour mutations in Zebras, Bengalese and of course Glosters.
The black strips should be particularly striking on the clear canaries.
Why cant a show cage be all white?
Tiaris

I'm a bit conservative, but I reckon you may need to do a bit of market research before pulling the pin on your job. Good luck with the show.
timh

I feel your pain.... The week before the Royal, I picked up some extra second hand cages...
I worked till 6ish, then went home to scub out mouse droppings, disinfect, sand back, re glue, then paint 20 boxes...

$1000 would be on the money I reckon...

I'll come say G'day on Saturday and check out the Zebra striped Zebra's...
branchez

Don't forget, we all love photos. :thumbup:
Jack
firetail555

What are you painting them with for a thousand dollars each?? Gold and diamonds
Canary

Bob,

Much easier with a Border Fancy show cage and a can of black gloss spray paint. I just place a piece of cardboard on the grass and spray away. Drying time can be an issue on wet weeks.

I have had black striped and black tailed canaries before, and it is not a good look at a show.

The main problem I have is cleaning the cage after a show each week, getting ready for the following weeks show. Some weeks I wonder what position was that bird it to get the poop on the top of the cage (I have come to the conclusion that it has to be from the bird in the row above).
Brooksy

firetail555 wrote:What are you painting them with for a thousand dollars each?? Gold and diamonds
Thats what I was thinking :eh:
gomer

I am sure theres a huge market for these.Let me know if you need a hand.I may retire aswell and go into business.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
matcho

Is that really the going rate? I suspect that maybe the decimal point has been missed, if not then that's a nice little earn. 35 finch and 32 canary cages at $1k each? Count me in!
SamDavis

gomer wrote:I am sure theres a huge market for these.Let me know if you need a hand.I may retire aswell and go into business.
Sound like you've got NSW and now Vic. sewn up. If you'd like to perfect your trade before going into fulltime production I'm happy to lend you guys a few old show cages to renovate on my behalf. :crazy: :lol:

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”