Combined Finch Shows Photos

Latest news from the AFF team.
nswchainsaw

The Zebra Finch Society of Australia Inc Annual Show and the
NSW Finch Exhibitors Society Annual Show will be held this Sunday at the
RSL Hall , Riverstone , Corner of Pit and Market St Riverstone every one is welcome to come and have a look .
Garry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nswchainsaw on 29 May 2013, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
Gordy

Thanks Garry. I tried to post the details but couldn't (old person syndrome)
The judging starts at 9am and if anyone is thinking of dropping in for a look, that's fine.
Just be aware of keeping out of the way of the stewards moving birds to and from the
judges staging. Coff & tea will be on hand & the show usually winds up by around 1pm.
nswchainsaw

There are 226 Zebra Finches and 120 other Finches entered in the Show so come along and have a look .
Garry
nswchainsaw

Some Photos from the Show
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some very nice Zebs there.
LML
LML
finches247
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for Sharing Some nice finches there and an Interesting hybrid finch :thumbup:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice pics but I find it strange most are against Hybrids but here we have one that is awarded?? How do you educate people against them if that is happening :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
firetail555

vettepilot_6 wrote:Nice pics but I find it strange most are against Hybrids but here we have one that is awarded?? How do you educate people against them if that is happening :think:
I agree, that thing should have points taken off for being a mongrel. They shouldnt even have a class for hybrids
nswchainsaw

These People don't deliberatly breed hybrids they just happen (very rarely) as a result of mixed aviary situations & some are bought at pet shops.
People bag them but would you rather kill them because they are mongrels ? As a bird person, I wouldn’t.
firetail555

nswchainsaw wrote:These People don't deliberatly breed hybrids they just happen (very rarely) as a result of mixed aviary situations & some are bought at pet shops.
People bag them but would you rather kill them because they are mongrels ? As a bird person, I wouldn’t.
As an aviculturalist, yes I would rather euthanase them and I disagree, there are many deliberatley bred, you only have to look at petlink. Its illegal in victoria and qld for native birds, but not in NSW. Providing a show class for them only encourages the practice. As "Bird People" we should be discouraging the practice and doing everything to keep our birds as pure species

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”