Bird sale anouncement Victoria all states ???

Latest news from the AFF team.
toothlessjaws

Wow, its taken a bit of reading to get up to speed on the situation here. kinda outrageous that one person can make such a big impact.

My take on it is that this woman is making pretty broad, uninformed, hypocritical, contradictory, judgemental and unintelligent arguments.

What would be helpful is if bird keepers respond by doing entirely the opposite and keeping it professional, logical and factual. thats whats going to resonate with authorities. let her foolish biased language speak for itself.

I'll be honest I'm cringing at some of the poorly written petitions here and rather childish, provocative behaviour being described. Its hardly helpful to the cause.
Craig52

I'll be honest I'm cringing at some of the poorly written petitions here and rather childish, provocative behaviour being described. Its hardly helpful to the cause.[/quote]

Well i'm not sorry that i wrote that post regarding my avatar being displayed in her facebook page,she complained about MEN with pictures of her hanging around their necks saying i bite.
I did not start this so why did she single me out. Craig
matcho

Craig,

Pretty sure its not Bluejay, she is passionate about her birds, Paris is to me an "Wart on the art of progress".

Ken.
E Orix

All calm down and look at it as a serious challenge.
There are several angles to tackle the situation.
Point out the particular woman and her cronies are not delivering true and accurate details.
The second method is point out to the Minister(agriculture) what impact it will have on her own portfolio and
actual electoral area.
How will the she handle the bird sale in her area, the people who most likely helped get her elected.
What effect on agriculture will the decision have. In protest threaten to buy only NSW grown seed from NSW operators
As Minister of Agriculture she must start thinking about her portfolio.
Ask her why this old act was shelved, it was shelved because of all the flow on problems.
My first thought was she must be a tree hugger or preservationist, checking her bio etc I do not
think this is so. I reads that she is one smart lady.
The way the decision was implemented makes me think that, being new and inexperienced and most likely ill advised
she acted. To get to her with facts sadly you may have to get through her advisers which will not be easy.
Every email you send is like gold to our protest, you don't even need to go into details.
All you need to do is email
" Would you please reconsider your decision and talk to some of those who offer to assist"
Then sign your name, this is not hard but so important.
David Holmes (NSW resident)
Nye

I agree with E Orix.
Just had a quick look at at this Paris's site, and wow.
Paris say's that "It’s not enough to just read a bird’s body language- to truly understand a bird you MUST be able to empathize with a bird". And she say's
"I go a lot more further when interacting with birds.
As a born empath/intuitive, clairvoyant and reiki practitioner, I am able to holistically understand birds.
I resonate with them immediately- I read their mind, I read their past and present.
This helps me understand what the bird has experienced in the past in order for me to heal the bird in the present".
So when you get a person who thinks like this,keeping any bird in a cage is wrong to them. So for all you guys that enjoy your hobby don't give these people who want to take that away from you any ammunition to use against you. Check out Paris's site and look at her complaints about dirty cages etc.
SamDavis

toothlessjaws wrote:What would be helpful is if bird keepers respond by doing entirely the opposite and keeping it professional, logical and factual. thats whats going to resonate with authorities. let her foolish biased language speak for itself.
:thumbup:
matcho

SamDavis wrote:
toothlessjaws wrote:What would be helpful is if bird keepers respond by doing entirely the opposite and keeping it professional, logical and factual. thats whats going to resonate with authorities. let her foolish biased language speak for itself.
:thumbup:
Agree.
gomer

Please keep this discussion constructive. We need to follow the correct channels to sort this out. This is a public forum that is being watched by and can be watched by anyone that wishes, just as the companion bird site is.

The public voted with their feet today and Skye had the biggest support from the public ever. These are the type of things we need to do in the future.
It was also great to see government officials from three different departments on the day, DNRE, Local council officers and RSPCA. From what I have heard the response from them was positive.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
gomer

https://www.change.org/p/bird-lovers-of ... ef=Default

Another petition above for those wanting to sign.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
matcho

Done.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”