Bird sale anouncement Victoria all states ???

Latest news from the AFF team.
Tiaris

Does the Victorian Avicultural Council still exist? They used to be a body to communicate/consult with the state government on state regulation issues pertaining to aviculture.
gomer

Tiaris wrote:Does the Victorian Avicultural Council still exist? They used to be a body to communicate/consult with the state government on state regulation issues pertaining to aviculture.
Yes they do still exist. I dont know who the members are but was told they are going to help sort this out. The word on the street is ALL sales in Victoria will continue as a Native bird sale only. With non native on display only,not to be sold. They hope to have exemptions next year through the DOMESTIC ANIMALS ACT 1994 - SECT 96. http://www.jaalapulford.com.au/ They dont think this will happen this year.

Here is the link again for those wanting to support this petition.
https://www.change.org/p/jaala-pulford- ... eated=true

VAC
http://www.avicouncil.com/
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Finches2011

Yes VAC exists and has been active with legal advice about this, but no success yet. It will take time to overturn. NFSA and all the state avicultural councils need to coordinate efforts here to ensure there are not similar loopholes in old legislation in other states. The more people sign the petition the better.

Gary Fitt
NFB
Blue Cuban

This is a ruling that needs to be changed.

Due to the quality and health of a these birds there is no sign that what we are doing is detrimental to the animals well being in any form.

And if this was all about what's in the best interest of the animals it wouldn't just target non-native types but all.

The ruling and the enforcement of it has been driven by a woman just trying to rattle a few cages by catching everyone out with a technicality of law.

If this ruling is not over turned it will contribute to the demises of many species.

Rich.
Hobby finch Keeper
Tiaris

If there is no specific legislation to illegalise the selling of exotic birds, the Minister has no right whatsoever to arbitrarily deem it illegal. If that is what she ever attempts, I suggest intentionally flaunting of the new rule in an organised manner including telling the appropriate authorities that you are intending to do so & daring them to press charges. If it has no legislative basis, it will not withstand any legal challenge in any court.
Craig52

Tiaris wrote:If there is no specific legislation to illegalise the selling of exotic birds, the Minister has no right whatsoever to arbitrarily deem it illegal. If that is what she ever attempts, I suggest intentionally flaunting of the new rule in an organised manner including telling the appropriate authorities that you are intending to do so & daring them to press charges. If it has no legislative basis, it will not withstand any legal challenge in any court.
I really do tend to agree with you Graham,but there is more to it than just selling non natives.The venue has been put on notice as well by their local council authorities.
MPAS can only respect the venue owners warnings from the council as well at this stage.

As much as we would like to just go ahead and sell everything non native and native,the repercussions for fines and the loss of the venue would virtually kill off this sale and the last remaining ones for the year.This canine facility is huge,like an airplane hanger and it would be a shame to lose this venue as it is probably the biggest bird sale venue that attracts a lot of local and interstate buyers and sellers.
I believe that we should go along with the flow at this stage until all the legal representatives come together and work out an outcome.
Tomorrow it could get a bit ugly though,you can't control everyone :thumbdown:

Craig
superx01

My Freewill Journey: Counselling

This is another one of her face book pages.
superx01

My Freewill Journey: Counselling, Massage, Reiki for People & Birds shared Purple Clover's photo.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Freewill Journey: Counselling, Massage, Reiki for People & Birds shared Purple Clover's photo.
Reiki is touchless massage.

She performs touchless massage on birds... for a fee.

This woman is the absolute definition of a charlatan.
KENTUCKY

I dont know what her poison is and I dont want to know,
I would like to use mental therapy on her and would highly recommed a toy boy with energy to burn,
her lift doesnt quiet hit the top floor, wow, what a gal.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”