Bird sale anouncement Victoria all states ???

Latest news from the AFF team.
SamDavis

AFF members are encouraged to write the minister and/or sign the petition.
The Finch Society of Australia Inc. wrote:A legal loophole uncovered by a single individual is causing issues for Victorian bird Sales. Until resolved, exotic bird species will be displayed but NOT sold at Victorian bird sales. Exotic bird species can continue to be sold as normal from pet shops and from residential premises.
All FSA members, aviculturists and anyone with an interest in bird keeping are encouraged to write directly to the Victorian Minister for Agriculture, Jaala Pulford, to ensure the issue is resolved ASAP.

Contact Minister Jaala Pulford via her contact page:
http://www.jaalapulford.com.au/contact/
Contact Minister Jaala Pulford via direct email:
[email protected]

In addition, please sign the following online petition created by one of our Victorian members:
https://goo.gl/QDnFtT

Thank you for your support.
Sam Davis (FSA President)
SamDavis

Craig52 wrote:I believe that we should go along with the flow at this stage until all the legal representatives come together and work out an outcome.
Tomorrow it could get a bit ugly though,you can't control everyone :thumbdown:

Craig
I agree 100%. A media spectacle is definitely to be avoided at all costs. If I was Paris, a huge ugly drama would be exactly what I'd desire.
gomer

SamDavis wrote:
Craig52 wrote:I believe that we should go along with the flow at this stage until all the legal representatives come together and work out an outcome.
Tomorrow it could get a bit ugly though,you can't control everyone :thumbdown:

Craig
I agree 100%. A media spectacle is definitely to be avoided at all costs. If I was Paris, a huge ugly drama would be exactly what I'd desire.
Paris and co may be there apparently. Lets all do what we always do, the right thing by our birds.Try to ignore the ignorant that maybe there to cause trouble.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
matcho

I have been reading this post,

From what I can see is it only Victoria affected or is it the Federal Act covering all of us? Would have been interesting last weekend at Cessnock, would have been a hell of a lot of tables vacant considering how many ringnecks, lovebirds etc etc as well as the non native finches, quail and all that were on offer.

If it has ramifications on all states then how in the hell will the Hawkesbury Sale fare? After all admittedly we have many natives but they pale into significance with all the mutations of ringnecks, lovebirds etcs in number offered for sale.

Can someone please clarify what states may or are affected?

I am looking to start afresh with orange breast, African Fires and am more comfortable buying at sales rather than bird/pet shops because at least I can come face to face with the breeders .

Ken.
Finchman1

It's only Victoria due to their legislation
Finches2011

Yes it is Victoria now, but we need to be sure that there are not similar loopholes in other States legislation. Be assured the animal liberationists will be.
NFB
Jason G

Just a quick question. Are charities also registered bisinesses? As this legislation applies to all domestic animals could it have an impact on any charity trying to rehome cats and dogs? If it does then you might have a very large and passionate group of people fighting for you.
gouldianpaul

Well done to the organisers of the morning sale today. They had the process for natives and foreign birds well organised to accommodate the current ridiculous situatiotion.

As for this clowns claim that bird people are all blokes failing to be good partners. Well lady you should have seen the smile on my 12 year old daughters face this morning when her pair of emblems fledged 4 young today. Happy birds breeding in a aviary cared for by well adjusted people. Maybe my daughter can teach you something about how to be a true animal lover.

Your poor empty soul will hopefully find happiness one day by becoming a better person and not continuing your misguided drive to disrupt the lives of well adjusted Bird people

This time the silent majority will not let the loud minority disrupt our lives for long

Cheers
Paul
Painted4

Well, i'm still no closer to understanding her end goal. Lots of conflicting information out there.
Painted4

gouldianpaul wrote:Well done to the organisers of the morning sale today. They had the process for natives and foreign birds well organised to accommodate the current ridiculous situatiotion.

As for this clowns claim that bird people are all blokes failing to be good partners. Well lady you should have seen the smile on my 12 year old daughters face this morning when her pair of emblems fledged 4 young today. Happy birds breeding in a aviary cared for by well adjusted people. Maybe my daughter can teach you something about how to be a true animal lover.

Your poor empty soul will hopefully find happiness one day by becoming a better person and not continuing your misguided drive to disrupt the lives of well adjusted Bird people

This time the silent majority will not let the loud minority disrupt our lives for long

Cheers
Paul
Well said

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”