Bird sale anouncement Victoria all states ???

Latest news from the AFF team.
SamDavis

Hi everyone
Two major areas of progress to bring everyone up to speed...
1. The following amendment proposal was put to the Minister, Hon. Jaala Pulford on 26/10/16 jointly by CCBFA and VAC. Due to significant public pressure and other factors, there is pressure on the Government to agree and have us out of the way. We await a response.
2. The CCBFA has been asked to appear in front of the parliamentary Committee Inquiry on 16/11/16. I will attend and we are in the process of confirming other attendees to assist in representing our case to the committee. We are currently preparing a submission. We understand the VAC will also appear. The Committee Inquiry is scheduled to report back to parliament on 6/12/16, so it is a very tight timeline.
Regards,
Sam
As VP - Canary and Cage Bird Federation of Australia Inc.
amendment_proposal1.jpg
amendment_proposal2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamDavis

Today's update...

1. The CCBFA and VAC are presenting together at the parliamentary Committee Inquiry into this matter. Our hearing is from 9am to 10am on Wednesday 16/11/16. We'll each do a 5 minute presentation followed by 50 minutes of questions and discussion. It is open to the public so feel free to attend. CCBFA clubs are represented by Stacey Gelis (Avian Vet), Charles Hider (Hon. Solicitor - Vic Pigeon Federations) and I. VAC clubs by David Renshaw, Lou Dallest and Mark Reynolds.

2. I'll fly down Tuesday 15/11/16. We're meeting with a number of politicians critical to our amendment getting passed, including Peter Walsh (Leader of Nationals and Shadow Ag Minister). When organising these meetings it was terrific to hear of the vast number of emails they have received, so thanks to all for your support. And keep them going, it's looking good but definitely not over yet.

3. No serious response from the Minister's office whatsoever. Nothing new in that! lol

Regards,
Sam
branchez

Hi Sam,where is this meeting taking place?
Jack
SamDavis

branchez wrote:Hi Sam,where is this meeting taking place?
Jack
Parliament House. Here's a link to the hearing details - http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/eic/article/3173
It's a public hearing, so all are welcome to attend - assuming there is sufficient space.

Regards,
Sam
SamDavis

Hi everyone

I've organised a number of meetings with critical MPs for the Tuesday before our appearance at the hearing. Both Charles Hider (Racing Pigeon Solicitor) and David Renshaw (VAC President) will also attend. A few more possible MP meetings are planned in the days to follow with final appointment details to be confirmed.

I spoke with David (VAC) today and understand he has already had a few positive meetings with MPs this week. David will share the VAC submission this evening.

I'm advised submissions will not be posted on the committee inquiry website as I expected. This is due to the tight timeline, such that submissions are considered correspondence. For this reason I've uploaded the CCBFA submission to dropbox where is can be accessed publicly. Feel free to share the following link...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/awel4ab5y6p4e ... n.pdf?dl=0

Regards,
Sam
arthur

My word Sam, the political landscape couldn't be more conducive to governments listening to the 'voice of the people'

Timing is everything . . and the timing of your meetings is perfect :thumbup:
gomer

So Sam When are you running for Parliament. The get things done Man. :thumbup:
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
SamDavis

Hi everyone

Today's hearing was by all accounts terrific. Fantastic feedback from MPs and others in the gallery. The full transcript will be posted on the inquiry website in approximately one weeks time. We have a variety of different leads to follow up with various politicians. I'll share the presentation itself publicly once the transcript is up on the committee website.

The lack of consultation and secret consultation is shocking and has been a common theme of the whole inquiry. The Municipal Association of Vic (MAV) transcript is now online - and is particularly scathing in this regard - http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/eic/article/3173

For those who haven't heard, unfortunately David Renshaw (VAC) had medical issues this morning just as he was preparing to leave home to appear at the Committee Inquiry and therefore he did not attend. We're unsure of his health at this time. I'm sure everyone joins me in wishing him a speedy recovery.

Thanks to all for your support.

Sam
Sam Davis
President - Finch Society of Australia
Vice President - Canary and Cage Bird Federation of Australia
gomer

We have only untill The 8th of December to take action to the bird sale changes in parliament. Now is the time for the final push to contact all your local members. We need as a group of bird keepers in the Electorate of the Western District, to contact either by phone or email to either voice your concern or attempt to make a appointment with James Purcell. James Purcell is a potential key parliamentarian that the bird fraternity needs as a vote to swing our way. Here are the contact details below for the Bird keepers in the Western District.

http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/member ... es-purcell

Electorate Office
Street Address
Shop 3, 32 Bank Street, Port Fairy, VIC 3284
Phone
(03) 5568 2929
Fax
(03) 5568 2951

Internet
Email
[email protected]
Website
http://www.vote1localjobs.com.au/
Website
http://www.facebook.com/vote1localjobs
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
SamDavis

Our Canary & Cage Bird Federation of Australia Inc. and the Victorian Avicultural Council presentation slide files are now online. We've been editing the transcripts of the hearing today so they should appear early this coming week.
http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/eic/article/3173

There are 40 upper house members, so we need 21 to join the game! We are confident of support from 2 nationals, 14 liberals, 2 shooters, fishers and farmers - 18 in total where we are confident. There are also 5 greens (unlikely) plus 3 others. One is James Purcell (Western Vic - see Gomer's post above), the other two are Fiona Patten (Northern Metro) and Dr Rachel Carling-Jenkins (Western Metro). It is these 3 that are absolutely critical.

#birdclubs4birdwelfare #amendthebill
meme owl.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”