Bird sale anouncement Victoria all states ???

Latest news from the AFF team.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are also 5 greens (unlikely)
Unlikely, but I don't see this as impossible. There are many private aviculturalists who are breeding threatened species for eventual re-introduction into the wild. Re-framing the issue as "government interfering with environmental conservation" could flip those Green votes.
SamDavis

A bit of an update....

Yesterday we pretty much confirmed support from Dr Rachel Carling-Jenkins (Western Metro).
I have a phone conference booked with Fiona Patten (Northern Metro) on Monday morning with positive signs.
I've recieved a message from Sue Pennicuik (MP Greens Animal Welfare) - seems she was in the gallery and heard our presentation so has some sympathy for our cause. I will contact her this week.

With it looking like at least 20 out of 40 will vote against the entire Bill, it cannot pass through the upper house. Although we support the failure of the entire Bill, it does leave us with the same Section 96 issue, therefore, when writing to MPs can you include something like the following...

"Please note that if the Bill fails to pass through parliament our bird trading issue will remain. Therefore we continue to seek our Section 5 exemption for birds from Section 96 and welcome your advice on how to further this aim."

A few other ideas/thoughts are being floated with regard to pushing for our exemption or dealing with a lack of exemption so we're moving forward.

Regards,
Sam
arthur

Who was it who stated that: Democracy is the least worst system of government

Anyway the worst result that you guys can get is a quick learning curve on how the 'system' works . . Which will be of assistance in going about things, in the future . .

Hope those in Qld, who still have 'fire in their bellies' are following things here
SamDavis

We have our 20 votes pretty much confirmed so the Bill will not pass. Unfortunately it looks like they're now going to hold it up in the lower house - delay tactics! Regardless we still need our exemption from Section 96 and we'll need to fight for it as it is now clear the Minister is not going to negotiate. But we have a plan!

Transcripts, including our Canary & Cage Bird Federation of Australia Inc. input to the Committee Inquiry are now public. Have a read...
http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/eic/article/3173
#birdclubs4birdwelfare #amendthebill
meme pigeon2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good news, congratulations to you and the others who have been doing all the hard work. :star:
LML
LML
SamDavis

Big booby Jaala!
meme booby.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mr skeeter

great work sam but i think we should address our issues with daniel andrews himself, as jaala pulford is showing no concerns with our case and treating us with no respect. if nothing happens and I'm forced to give my bird breeding away then look out at the next election. I'm sure that all bird people will want to kick labour out.
SamDavis

Hi everyone

The Victorian parliamentary report is now public and it couldn't be better news for us. Let's hope Jaala Pulford MP can read.

Here's the relevant recommendations...
bird_recommendations.png
Full report is here - http://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/eic/article/3174 - particularly p65-70 and recommendations 15-18.

Regards,
Sam
SamDavis

Press release...
ccbfa media 061216.png
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well said Sam. And good to hear that at least a reasonable number of those involved are listening.
LML
LML

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”