Who is going to the Ballarat sales

Latest news from the AFF team.
Mr Tino

I want to know who is going to the Ballarat sale next sat the first of August,I will be going with a group of friend selling and buying too also I will be looking around for thing to buy also I am going there to support the Ballarat club and Ballarat bird sale and it should be good one on at day to.

Cheer from Mr Tino :thumbup:
Budgie_Smugglers

:arrow: :thumbup:
garyh

Going tomorrow, going to support the club ,not selling many birds as i have nothing much left,hope to see other AFF members there,garyh
karl

Im going selling swamp grass hope to see you all
Mr Tino

Hi everyone who is going to the Ballarat sales today I will have a petition to sign for the problem we are having in Victoria at the moment do come up support a good cause for the future and also all the bird sale in all state to,see you all there.

Cheer from Mr Tino :thumbup:
Storz

Hi all

Just got home from the Ballarat Bird Sale. It was a disappointment compared with the last couple of years with the number of sellers down quite considerably which was very noticeable with the amount of empty sellers tables. The buyers were also down in numbers, but as usual the Ballarat Bird club did an excellent job in catering for those that were there. There was the usual array of finches and parrots but there did not appear to be many of the higher end finches. Bought some stars and black throats so I came away reasonably satisfied, but for these shows to prosper they have to sort out this mess with foreign birds very quickly or we will not have sales very soon as the effort to put them on will be greater than the result

Storz
karl

Well i had one of my best sales I've been to sold all my birds and all the swamp grass and came home with 8 diamond firetail yes lots of empty table tho hope next year is back to normal :thumbup:
E Orix

It was so disappointing seeing so many unused tables but understandable. As I normally take around 150 birds to this sale all I could take were
a couple of Painteds and a few Doves as these were the only Australian species I had available as the majority of my collection are obviously
non Australian species. It is annoying and frustrating that so many people can be put out because of the whim of a female who really doesn't know
the whole situation and speaks from the heart and not her head. The major winner is not the birds but the dealers. In fact the birds are worse off,
instead of being caught up, taken to a sale, sold and into a new home that day, now they travel the same to a dealers, but have to wait to be purchased
with a time frame far longer than if taken to a well organised sale. It also in frustrating that the member of Parliament who holds the port folio has done nothing to
sort out the mess. This legislation was formulated some 20 years ago from memory, why was it not implemented then, simply the Govt. of the day realised
it was not practicable. It would be interesting to see if a little old lady would be prosecuted if she bought or sold a Canary within the grounds of a bird sale.
To conclude I would like to thank the organisers who did a great job under extreme restrictions and next year we will once again travel the 800km round trip
from NSW to support you again.
David Holmes
Alf63

I attended as always. I sold the majority of the few birds I had left to sell, completed the prearranged pick-ups and drop offs. Basically came away happy.

Was the sale as good as usual, obviously not but I see it as important to support the organizers and keep the ball rolling until things are hopefully sorted out.

As a group we can't let one ill informed zealot and her supporters in the shadows have their way. We have as much right our hobby as anybody else.

Well done Ballarat Branch

Alf63
gouldianpaul

Ballarat is the sale I look forward to the most which is why this year was so disappointing. There were heaps of budgies and plenty of gouldian that didn't sell, the lack of variety of birds was gob smacking

The organisers did a great job making sure all sellers complied with all regulations, but I fear that if this scenario continues into next year these sales will not be supported for much longer.

I hope all clubs and their committees explore the option of obtaining a dealers licence which I'm told will help work around the current problem and allow the foreign birds back on the sale table.

The next 6-12 months will determine if these sales will be around in 20+ years... If the committees sit on their hands we can kiss our sales good by

Cheers
Paul

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”