Russell Kingston - Finch Society of Australia August 12th

Latest news from the AFF team.
SamDavis

The Finch Society of Australia (FSA) invites, welcomes and encourages all members, guests and visitors to our August meeting.

RUSSELL KINGSTON
Topic: Six decades of birdkeeping - the birds, the characters, the mistakes, the successes, the fallacies and the antidotes
Date/Time: 7.30pm 12th August 2015
Where: Brenan Park Community Hall. Bourke St. Smithfield.
rk.jpg
About Russell:
Russell is one of the world’s leading authorities on finch aviculture. He cofounded the Queensland Finch Society and has served on committees at all levels of aviculture. He is perhaps best known for his publications and books. His recent text “The Finch, a Breeder’s Companion” is considered a must have reference for beginners all the way through to experts. Personally signed copies available at the meeting. Russell is an accomplished speaker—and his dry wit is infectious. It’s with great pleasure that the FSA welcomes Russell to our August meeting.

FSA meetings also feature a great sales table, free supper, lucky door prize and a terrific raffle. Members receive our full colour magazine - next issue out soon! Not a member? Download membership form here - http://www.finchsociety.org/_fsa/form.pdf
cover (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Painted4

Hi Sam,
Will we get to see it on youtube?
Wish I could be there myself.
SamDavis

Painted4 wrote:Hi Sam,
Maybe....
Always better in the flesh :wave:

Regards,
Sam
Painted4

SamDavis wrote:
Painted4 wrote:Hi Sam,
Maybe....
Always better in the flesh :wave:

Regards,
Sam

I agree 100%, i'd be there in a flash if I lived over your way :thumbup:
SamDavis

Russell delivered a terrific presentation last night at the Avicultural Society Social Birdkeepers club in Belmore. He presented on the world bird show together with some complexes in Italy. It seems in Italy most finches are fostered under Bengalese and some under Gouldians. Amazing to see a just fledged clutch of Violet Ears with a single Gouldian nest mate. All their breeding gear is plastic - good looking stuff - cages, perches, nest boxes, etc. Very different way of doing things compared to our setups. Although I can appreciate the skill and dedication of the Italians I can't help but prefer our methods.

Russell is speaking at Shoalhaven Avicultural Society (Nowra) on Tuesday evening then our FSA meeting (Smithfield) on Wednesday. The topic for both these meetings is "Six decades of birdkeeping - the birds, the characters, the mistakes, the successes, the fallacies and the antidotes". No doubt a few characters who are AFF members will get a mention.
SamDavis

Great day visiting aviaries in South West Sydney with RUSSELL KINGSTON. All are welcome to see Russell speak at our meeting this Wednesday.
fb1 (Custom).jpg
fb2 (Custom).jpg
Topic: Six decades of birdkeeping - the birds, the characters, the mistakes, the successes, the fallacies and the antidotes
Date/Time: 7.30pm 12th August 2015
Where: Brenan Park Community Hall. Bourke St. Smithfield.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SamDavis

Hi everyone,

Our August meeting is this Wednesday 12th commencing from 7.30pm. As you know Russell Kingston is speaking. As a consequence we have had a lot of enquiries and anticipate a large turnout exceeding the Brenan Park Hall capacity. To better cater for the larger turnout the executive have decided to change to a larger venue. Apologies for the late notice. Can I ask members to let any friends without email or Internet know of the venue change. We will have people at the Brenan Park Hall gate to redirect people on the night.

The new venue is some 3-4km and about a 6min drive from the Brenan Park Hall. The new venue is also the venue provisionally booked for our December 13th sale, so will enable us to review the facility.

Presenter: RUSSELL KINGSTON
New Venue: Prairiewood Youth Centre
New Address: 194 - 222 Restwell Rd Prairiewood
Date/Time: 7.30pm Wednesday 12th August 2015 for an 8pm start (given the venue change).

The following link shows a map with directions from Brenan Park Hall to Prairiewood Youth Centre
https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/-33. ... 33.8613941

FYI - a brochure describing the facility - http://www.fairfieldcity.nsw.gov.au/upl ... _youth.pdf

A large number of raffle prizes will be on offer including a number of pairs of birds. And of course the usual lucky door prize. This would be a great night to bring along a friend or two.

Kind regards,

Sam Davis
President – The Finch Society of Australia Inc.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”