Private Aviculture and Endangered Species - We’re Underway!

Latest news from the AFF team.
SamDavis

Wednesday night 11/5/16 is the FSA May meeting commencing at 7.30pm at Prairiewood Youth Centre 194-222 Restwell Rd Prairiewood and everyone is welcome. The newly painted sales table trailer will be present and a great raffle is organised. I'll be presenting on the following, which is a repeat of my presentation last Friday evening in Brisbane to the Queensland Finch Society. I look forward to a big turnout for a terrific evening.

Private Aviculture and Endangered Species - We’re Underway!
What is happening, what needs to happen and why would we want it to happen? Sam Davis
A major focus of the FSA under Sam’s leadership is the promotion of aviculture, with emphasis on communicating our strengths, achievements and potential to the general public, government and the zoo community. One area of personal interest to Sam is including private aviculturists in endangered species work. Aviculture’s involvement will be enormously beneficial. Our expertise is an untapped and economical resource of knowledge and skills. And what a fantastic promotion for aviculture!

Regards,
Sam
elferoz777

Would you be willing to recycle this interesting topic at next month's wollongong meeting?

Sounds like an interesting topic
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
SamDavis

elferoz777 wrote:Would you be willing to recycle this interesting topic at next month's wollongong meeting?

Free steak beforehand at Collegians and I might!
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you look at the incompetence of the Orange Bellied Parrot conservation people, and the huge amounts of money that have been thrown at that project, it's hard not to feel that private aviculturalists could do a better job.

One thing I'd like to see discussed is how private breeders would be monitored. I can see problems arising as opportunistic breeders sell unreported offspring into a sort of "black market" of rare birds.
SamDavis

ShaneGowland wrote:When you look at the incompetence of the Orange Bellied Parrot conservation people, and the huge amounts of money that have been thrown at that project, it's hard not to feel that private aviculturalists could do a better job.

One thing I'd like to see discussed is how private breeders would be monitored. I can see problems arising as opportunistic breeders sell unreported offspring into a sort of "black market" of rare birds.
This is an area where the QFS silverbill and now Rufous Back and Yellow Siskin processes and procedures are instructive. There have been no running off with the ball from any breeders involved in these projects.
Tiaris

Plenty of instances to highlight where private aviculture has clearly succeeded with endangered species without monitoring/control too eg. Gouldian, Princess Parrot, Malabar Parrot, Black-throated Finch, etc,etc.
elferoz777

:mrgreen:
SamDavis wrote:
elferoz777 wrote:Would you be willing to recycle this interesting topic at next month's wollongong meeting?

Settle for a barrah and chips and its a deal
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
SamDavis

elferoz777 wrote::mrgreen:
SamDavis wrote:

Settle for a barrah and chips and its a deal
Add a side of tiger prawns and it's a deal.
elferoz777

See you at the next meeting!

The guys will be pumped.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”