Call for Gouldian finch feathers

Latest news from the AFF team.
BrettB

Peri is taking feathers from ALL Gouldians, normal and mutation birds.

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
Blue Cuban

Thanks but not long after posting on the forum I went to Peri's web site and on the same page as the sampling kit order form I found this under the "How can I help?" subtitle in the last paragraph.
image.jpeg
I understand that this includes mutations, yeah...?

Rich.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hobby finch Keeper
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Blue Cuban wrote:Thanks but not long after posting on the forum I went to Peri's web site and on the same page as the sampling kit order form I found this under the "How can I help?" subtitle in the last paragraph.
image.jpeg
I understand that this includes mutations, yeah...?

Rich.
Looks right to me :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
PeriFinch

I Would love to assist but I'm unsure of your preferred stock you want the samples from.
Are you accepting feather samples from birds carrying know colour mutations? or pure normal?
I am indeed accepting samples from birds carrying colour mutations. All you need to do is tell me on the envelopes what the plumage type (e.g. colour mutation or normal) and the headcolour is for each individual.
shnapper20

ok got the kit, supply 2 primary, secondary or tail feathers. as per normal dna testing. cant find any reference on normal dna testing , sooo can i cut these feathers off with scissors? or do I need to pluck them out? I only ask as plucking them out will probably hurt them.
Craig52

Tail feathers would be your best choice as they wont effect their flying. It doesn't hurt the bird and they grow back within a few weeks. Cheers Craig :idea:
SamDavis

Pluck them out. But not the main pin tail feathers, take the next size down tail feathers.
Hold the bird in one hand and use your fingers to spread the tail out a bit so you can isolate a single feather. Using the other hand, grab hold of one feather firmly with thumb and forefinger - one quick sharp pull - they won't even flinch. Drop it in the bag and repeat.
shnapper20

thanks craig and sam

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”