WARNING HACKED EMAIL

Latest news from the AFF team.
Diane

Apologies to all who received an email SUPPOSEDLY from me.

I AM NOT IN LONDON OR ANYWHERE ELSE NOR DO I HAVE PLANS TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE

My yahoo account has been hacked. First thing I knew about it was when I tried to log on this morning, I had been locked out by yahoo. After some password and secret question resets I managed to get back in.
Every one of my email addresses has been deleted :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ....took me ages to enter all those for the newsletter in there.
I found an email address for customer service @ yahoo, not an easy task for a communication provider either.

I have told then what has happened, asked if they can retrieve my addresses and given them them an email address that was listed as an alternative, not one I had any knowledge about or added to my account
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sorry about what's happened.
would you like a hand (if customer service can't do it) getting the forum emails back?
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
Diane

Thanks for the offer Jayburd. I do have a backup list ready to go if needed and I feel it might be as the hacker did a good job of deleting. Will let you know, thanks again.
Diane
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have a blank address as your first address in the address book, aparently it stops this from happening. Being a Suspicious type and as you were on yesterday when I was on suspected when I opened the e-mail this morning that it was a lot of balonee.
A good security protocol is also helpful, as well as always delete address from e-mails before forwarding, and never forward petitions, they have no legal standing in this country anyway unless printed and signed. Son is a IT Security Major so have learnt a few things. Yell if you need help, he can do somethings on-line from miles away.
LML
LML
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HOWEVER if you are ever mugged in London do feel free to email us for help :D

NOW a real AFF member needing assistance would have put in the first sentence CAN SOMEONE CHECK MY FINCHES PLEASE! :D

Is all good Di , least you know now .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Diane

I do have a non legit email as the top one. My security must have worked as I dont seem to have any problems on the pc. Mind you I wasnt logged on the net when this happened anyway. I have all my security on automatic, updates scans etc and I banned private info from being accessed. This security hasnt let me down in over 5 years.

I reckon it was from Facebook. I opened an account ages ago to see what all the fuss was about. Rarely use it, Facebook have been in touch with me and I have told them to cancel my account.

The only good thing that might come out of this is more members logging on just see what has happened, and hopefully when they do they will see what a fine site we have and decide to visit more often. :D

Now back to the slog of entering all your email addresses.......again. Had it all sorted out so prettily too, separate alphabetic files, also by the month files for new members....sob sob sob :cry: :cry: :cry:

Luckily I have an excel file with all the needed information so it shouldnt take as long this time...she says thinking wishfully....
Diane
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unfortunately these beggars get smarter all the time. And find loopholes before we know to plug them. Have fun with the addressbook. ;)
LML
LML
Will_36

Yeh I received this too. Thought I was a hacker.
Thanks for the heads up.
Keeping Gouldians,Double Bars,Diamonds & Painted Finches.
w9cae

I got the email also but spotted it was a hack job. A friend had similar with Hotmail & the hacker was sending out through his away message.
ikhom

Diane, I actually very surprise that you are using your Yahoo account to send Mass E-mail. You should be able to do it with the forum. There are modifications available to expand the basic mass e-mail that already exist. You also can consider of creating a topic just for Newsletter and putting pdf files their and in the mass e-mail just put a link to the file. Mass e-mail system is good because you will not need to enter another user e-mail address again. I'm not sure how you can cope if somebody changes his e-mail address. Do you check all e-mails every month?
Create free icon signature and manage your records at finchbreederdatabase.com

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”