QFS Upcoming Speakers April 2011

Latest news from the AFF team.
dano_68

Up Coming Speakers 2011

April - Danny Searle (Brisbane, Qld)
An Aussie Finch Aviary is Born!

Danny showcases his latest finch aviary build with over 30 years of experience crammed into his tiny suburban block! Learn how to build a successful finch breeding powerhouse with limited space using the latest materials and some clever innovations. Lots of tips and tricks for beginners to seasoned veterans. Whether you are planning a new aviary or you need to spruce up your existing one this is one presentation you wont want to miss!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The Queensland Finch Society is based in Brisbane, Australia but has members worldwide who subscribe to receive the monthly magazine "Finch News" and participate in other Society activities. Members in south-east Queensland are encouraged to attend general meetings which are normally held on the first Friday of every month at 8pm (doors open 7pm) at Morningside School of Arts Hall, Cnr Wymmun & Thynne Roads, Morningside, Brisbane. They feature a Guest Speaker, a Sales Table stocked with seed and a wide range of breeding aids, birds for sale and the club Library. Non-members and guests are also encouraged to attend. QFS also stages out of Brisbane meetings, aviary visits, bird sales, auctions, bird shows and other events at various times during the year.
GregH

Hi Danny have you heard of Malcolm Williams from Redbank? Apparently having birds for years can be a problem when land is rezoned - migh be worth mentioning. Wish I could be there.

Also have a look at
Licensing & Permits:
Qld Recreational Wildlife Licence

Legislation
Qld Nature Conservation Regulations 2006 -

Prohibitions
Prohibited birds list

Welfare
Code of Practice for Aviculture
Diane

dano_68 wrote:Learn how to build a successful finch breeding powerhouse with limited space using the latest materials and some clever innovations.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Would like to hear that speaker!
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

any chance of setting up a video camera in the corner? :mrgreen:
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
dano_68

Jayburd wrote:any chance of setting up a video camera in the corner? :mrgreen:
Hi Jay, Ian Brown (vice pres) usually does just that, but I have no idea what he does with the videos after he shoots them lol...I must ask him when next I see him ;)
gomer

would be worth a look at the dvd.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
dano_68

GregH wrote:Hi Danny have you heard of Malcolm Williams from Redbank? Apparently having birds for years can be a problem when land is rezoned - migh be worth mentioning. Wish I could be there.
Hi Greg, yes I am very familiar with all this. We have an update about the new draconian laws being touted by many QLD councils at every QFS meeting. The latest is Logan and QFS has joined other bird clubs to fight these idiotic proposed laws. In Logan, they are proposing you cannot keep more than 20 finches within 25m of a boundary! Really crazy stuff but they are getting a way with it because no one is fighting them...until now!
Diane

dano_68 wrote: Hi Jay, Ian Brown (vice pres) usually does just that, but I have no idea what he does with the videos after he shoots them lol
Was thinking about this earlier. Wouldnt it be a good idea if the speakers were put on a DVD and put on sale say the second year after the Convention? Would mean money coming for the club, a reminder to those who went of what a good time they had, and a teaser to whet the appetite of those who would like to go.
Preemptive advertising!
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”