QFS Upcoming Speakers May 2011

Latest news from the AFF team.
dano_68

Up Coming Speakers 2011

May - Ron Porter and Gary Fitt (Brisbane Qld)
Needs and options for finch conservation efforts in QFS.

Finch species are present in Australian aviaries in widely divergent numbers some are commonly kept, others are rare and getting rarer. In this presentation we will present the outcomes of the latest NFSA Finch Census, highlight the current position of threatened species and then discuss some ideas of what QFS could be doing to help conserve aviary stocks of some species. We would really like to see many of you engage with this critically important issue of the disappearing finches.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
The Queensland Finch Society is based in Brisbane, Australia but has members worldwide who subscribe to receive the monthly magazine "Finch News" and participate in other Society activities. Members in south-east Queensland are encouraged to attend general meetings which are normally held on the first Friday of every month at 8pm (doors open 7pm) at Morningside School of Arts Hall, Cnr Wymmun & Thynne Roads, Morningside, Brisbane. They feature a Guest Speaker, a Sales Table stocked with seed and a wide range of breeding aids, birds for sale and the club Library. Non-members and guests are also encouraged to attend. QFS also stages out of Brisbane meetings, aviary visits, bird sales, auctions, bird shows and other events at various times during the year.
Lonchura

Hi Dano, I missed this meeting (blown radiator hose on the way). Where can I get a summary of what was said? As this was of great interest to me and I was not happy about missing the meeting. :hothead:
I am interested in purchasing any of the more unusual Lonchura species and/or their subspecies. Particularly the Asian Munias or New Guinea Mannikins. If you have some and wish to sell them, PM me with the type, quantity and price

I will buy related or unrelated birds. I am also happy to organise and pay freight from anywhere in Australia.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”