Webmasters

Latest news from the AFF team.
Buzzard-1

Casuarina
Thank-you for your input. This is what we like to call a friendly Forum, all are welcome at any level, we will not restrict any level of experience. You my not agree with the way we run the Forum that's your choice, but it is friendly and there is a myriad of age , experience, nationality's here and that's the way we like it!!!!
Casuarina wrote:I would suggest that quality is far more important than quantity and the problem that I see with many forums is that a presents an opportunity for people with little knowledge and no scientific basis to get on their soapbox and spruik.

Sorry you seem to be forgetting the Forum is NOT here for all not the elite.
Cheers Buzz
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Casaurina , In regards to your comment "However, I would suggest that quality is far more important than quantity and the problem that I see with many forums is that a presents an opportunity for people with little knowledge and no scientific basis to get on their soapbox and spruik. "

IMO if the forum was totally made up of experts and knowledgable people only ,then I myself would not want to be a part of it .

I think the forum has a unique and varied mix of members from total newbies about to get started , some very well respected and knowledgeable breeders and a lot of hobbyists .

We all strive to respect each others opinions whether they be right or wrong and all have a love of birds which we want to talk about and learn more about .

A lot of posts may appear to be of lesser qaulity to some but that's another reason the forum is so successful , we all like to share our trivial ups and downs with each other and quite often birds are not even the subject .

I hope you take the time to get to know us and be part of the great forum that it is . I myself hope it never changes .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”