QFS is coming to TAMWORTH, NSW!

Latest news from the AFF team.
dano_68

Queensland Finch Society Inc.
will hold its next “out of Brisbane” meeting in

TAMWORTH, NSW
Saturday November 19, 2011

If you are a QFS member and live anywhere north of Sydney or south of Inverell and Armidale, west of Port Macquarie or east of Walgett then come along to our meeting in Tamworth on November 19 commencing at 3.30pm and finishing by 8pm.

Venue: Tamworth Hockey Clubhouse, John Smyth Drive, South Tamworth

Directions: Turn into John Smyth Drive at a roundabout off the main highway. The new Equine Centre is on the left hand side. Proceed straight along JOHN SMYTH Drive, through another roundabout, and follow signs to the Hockey Club. Take right hand turn into a large parking area to the side of the Clubhouse.

Featuring a general meeting, three speakers, competitions, a light dinner provided, raffle, prizes and lots more.

Bring your friends and they can also join QFS!

If you wish to come, please RSVP by Nov 17 to:
Gary Fitt 07 32026779 ([email protected]) or
Chris Leeper on 07 3802 1511.
Lukec

Im coming and looking forward to to it.
Living In a Unit is Worse Than Being Attached to a Ball and Chain.
COUNTRY CAPITAL

Me 2 Lukec....look forward to catching up.
location is easy to find, next to the tamworth regional entertainment centre(TREC) and near the equine centre/ longyard golf course(Sydney side of town).
Asked Serena from Aus. wildlife supplies yesterday and they are not coming, so its still mail-order for us.
:thumbup:
CC
Aussie finch tragic.rodent/snake terroriser.
Lonchura

Whats on the agenda for the meeting and how long will it go for? Is there anything else planned for the day/weekend?
I am interested in purchasing any of the more unusual Lonchura species and/or their subspecies. Particularly the Asian Munias or New Guinea Mannikins. If you have some and wish to sell them, PM me with the type, quantity and price

I will buy related or unrelated birds. I am also happy to organise and pay freight from anywhere in Australia.
GregH

I grew up in Tamworth and had my favorite finching places to visit if you've got time and a map/gps is a day drive to the Dungowan dam for a picnic or if you’ve got more time the Limbri road. You can be guaranteed of seeing zebs, double bars, red-brows and sometimes diamond sparrows and occasionally plum-heads. Of coarse I’m sure Westfinch and the other local finchos there will have so great aviary visits planned too. With only a couple of months to go here in the Philippines I’m getting all nostalgic.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”