compatability list

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
amalan11

I have often wondered about this ..Is it possible to get one of the more experienced members to do a compatability list of finchs? I just found one on an American site called THE FINCH FARM but would love to see one for all Aussie finchs .It can be hard to figure out which finchs are right for each other.This list was realy good and would be a very handy thing to have on the site
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Probably possible...but a lot of fanciers me included have mixed birds that would be a big no no in some eyes...IE Javas with waxbills.....but I suppose it depends on the aviary size....all my previous community aviaries were very large and well planted, so I think that is why I never had problems with birds I have put together...So it would depend on space as well in my opinion...... :think:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bit the same here. I mix Javas and Bengos and Zebs with the "fancier, more delicate" finches without undue problems. After much experimenting. But that is the point, I learnt what works over many years of experimenting. It depends on the setup, the birds personalities. And the numbers of each type. Some great advice in Russell Kingston's books, if you borrow them from your local finch club or public library.
LML
LML
goldelf

Not sure if am a litle late to answer this post-well ok a few months late :shock: but i found a compatibility chart from the Finch Niche-albeit it is American but maybe worth having a squizz:

http://www.finchniche.com/features_chart.php
isabella

CONSCIOUSNESS: that annoying time between naps..
spanna

To quote one of my favourite TV shows: Challenge accepted! (How I Met Your Mother)
Whilst I have nowhere near as much experience as many others, and haven't kept over half the species listed here on the forum, I will give it a shot just for fun, referring to external sources for those birds I have not kept.

Give me about..... 20 years??? :lol:

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”