Other birds

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
amalan11

I know this is the Finch forum but iv noticed that a lot of us keep other types of birds and It got me wondering if it would be possible to have a dedicated section in the "other birds" thread for some of the more popular types.Like we have threads for say each individual "Australian finch" eg..Zebra/chestnut /Gouldian ect.
Is it possible to perhaps lock some threads up top of the "other birds" topic so that they are easy to find.I was thinking species like Canary/lorikeet/Quail .I see a lot of questions and comments on these types and think it would be popular and make it much easyer to use.
(by lock the threads I mean so people could post on them but have them first so they are easy to find)
This forum is realy one of a kind I often come here for help as I cannot think of anyother sites like it for asking help in Australia
HARVEY123456789

it doesnt have to big as Big As the finch section but quails, lorikeets , conure ,quakers,canarys, budgies is pritty much all we would need but would be great so members dont clogg up finch places with other bird topics ect ?

love to see it , this fourm just keeps getting better n better
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hmmmmm good luck with that , the bent beaks arent so kindly taken to by some . :thumbdown: :angel:
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jusdeb wrote:Hmmmmm good luck with that , the bent beaks arent so kindly taken to by some . :thumbdown: :angel:
Love hookbills just need too many large aviaries too accommodate them ...finches are the butterflies of the bird world Deb...less noise, less space, just as fun to breed, better suited to smaller yards as well :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sorry to hijack thread :shifty:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jusdeb wrote:Hmmmmm good luck with that , the bent beaks arent so kindly taken to by some . :thumbdown: :angel:
If you don't like them, don't comment... Easy you'd think with the poor oft-bashed squirters.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
HARVEY123456789

deb i thought u liked them dont u own quakers????
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My sentiment exactly ...and you havent lived till you been got with the hot squirt of a Rainbow Lorikeet :lolno:
David Brent
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Harvey I got over 50 parrots ...I love them ...Its the reacions from others on here that make me not be showing them off all the time ....

I find the parrots more forgiving Pilot ...Never did much good with finches , always seemed to be looking for replacement birds . Plus I like the hand rearing .
Last edited by jusdeb on 12 Apr 2012, 23:25, edited 2 times in total.
David Brent
HARVEY123456789

jusdeb wrote:My sentiment exactly ...and you havent lived till you been got with the hot squirt of a Rainbow Lorikeet :lolno:
Lol Tell me About It was feed a 6 week old black cap ,lory 2 days ago let just say my nice drink wasnt going to be drunk and a shower was in need !

YUCK :p
HARVEY123456789

i think jay read the post wrong , but i think pritty much 50% of us on this fourm keep parrots ?
wish we could do a vote ect see who does keep them and what types

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”