Why AFF's greaat maate!

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

im with croc on this one . I have chronic pain which pretty much determines my routine from day to day , having access to the forum has helped me to learn so much as well as a distraction from pain to some extent .
Even though these days I am more parrot oriented ( only keep 3 pairs of Zebs now ) the basics of bird husbandry are much the same .

The people here make the forum what it is .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
djb78

Well before I joined I was a watcher and looked for info that might help, then I decided to join and contribute my experiences and dumb questions. I did find it a little frustrating with the five post rule but it is what it is and when my five posts were up I got to see more of the forum and opened my eyes to alot more. Well if everybody that is really interested in staying will like me just except it. What makes the forum so good is all the levels of experience and ages that makes this hobby great. There are alot of different personalities on here which makes some posts great to read. I find this forum to be so useful and hqge learnt alot always thought I knew enough but haven't always learning new things. I like it the way it is and like reading newmembers experiences and I hope that they just hang in there and become apart of this forum.
Danny
MadOzzie

I have found this group to be fantastic in the willingness to share information.

There are the experts who keep us honest in our opinions and there are those like me who are willing to learn by sharing our mistakes. Some of my learning has been that I ought to be doing things differently to get better results from my breeding seasons.

I enjoy reading the various successes and challenges from the very different regions in Australia and even across the ditch in New Zealand.

I find it helpful the number of topic headings under which the posts are sorted and listed in the index. It makes it so easy to target our reading and research into topics and birds which interets us.

I enjoy too the wide spread of topics which are allowed including the Word Search Game which gives us a little fun or allows us to express our interests and concerns not directly associated with finches.

I am grateful to the moderators and all who give of themselves so freely to this graet hobby (or should that be lifestyle?).

MadOzzie
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Love this forum. You can probably tell that from the fact that I am labeled an addict. :silent: Can't comment too much on the 5 posts rule. Was here before then. Yes it has definately knocked the obsene and irritating spammers off. Can understand from other bird forums I have joined that have the same set up, that it can be a bit frustrating. This place is soo informative, and helpful. Sometimes we get it wrong, but are willing to say so. Always someone willing to help on here, and encourage in times of trial. And yes take a dig at each other from time to time, but nicely. So have to agree with the little poem.
Good on the owner/moderators, without you we would not exist, and the world, particularly this part of it, would be a lot poorer place.
LML
LML
venetta

Venetta and I talked about the 5 post rule the other night! ( oh and I'm Kylie if people want to know. Venetta's better half) lol. And well i think people need to SUCK IT UP! We all had to go through the same thing when we first signed up. 5 posts it's not hard people! If you are going to bitch and have a cry then bugger off and find another forum. Easy :) I think admin do a great job and some parts of the forum are needed to keep out spammers. I love jumping on this forum and talking to people and talking all things finches and birds. There is so much to learn here an I think it works just fine. So if It's not broken don't fix it!
Thanks
Kylie :)
Venetta and Kylie
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tend to agree if it aint broke don't fix it....one little thing though would like to see chat where it was originally...but I must say I love to read all the posts and see all the birdies and aviaries ...and also really like BB's monthly newsletter... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
venetta

Chat is back to where it was originally!! :D
Venetta and Kylie
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

venetta wrote:Chat is back to where it was originally!! :D
Not on my puter...
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
venetta

I can see it on the board index page, under the calendar...

This is where everyone says it was originally!!
Venetta and Kylie
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

venetta wrote:I can see it on the board index page, under the calendar...

This is where everyone says it was originally!!
I know where it was ...I will try rebooting puter

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”