Forum suggestions....

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
MadOzzie

Winston (Fishdance). I wonder if you should be asking why you have not posted more since you joined over two years ago? The reason why you have only posted just over one post per month since you joined is probably the answer as to why other members do not post.

I know that I read a lot of posts and have learnt a lot about our wonderful hobby but I do not comment on every post I read. I think many members of this forum are like that.

I think the friendliness of this forum and the members willing to share their knowledge, and in some cases it is the absolute best you can get, is what keeps members coming back.

Thanks to all who contribute so freely

MadOzzie
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I think the friendliness of this forum and the members willing to share their knowledge, and in some cases it is the absolute best you can get, is what keeps members coming back."
Like you say MadOzzie.
LML
LML
fishdance

MadOzzie wrote:Winston (Fishdance). I wonder if you should be asking why you have not posted more since you joined over two years ago? The reason why you have only posted just over one post per month since you joined is probably the answer as to why other members do not post.

I know that I read a lot of posts and have learnt a lot about our wonderful hobby but I do not comment on every post I read. I think many members of this forum are like that.

I think the friendliness of this forum and the members willing to share their knowledge, and in some cases it is the absolute best you can get, is what keeps members coming back.

Thanks to all who contribute so freely

MadOzzie
Hi MadOzzie,
I have only kept finches for two years so I don't have much experience or ideas to offer. There probably are quite a few other members here in the same situation. On occasion, I want to swap or buy something and doing this locally is more convenient, cost effective and easier on birds. I have met a couple of local people by answering adverts on gumtree and petlink who have been great. They have also been able to offer me lots of advice as face to face and actual aviary visits are always going to be more informative than online. So indirectly I have made some great contacts through adverts well beyond just buying something. Which in turn makes me wonder why this forum doesn't take advantage of this since the buy/selling area as it is relatively quiet - almost dead - for the number of keen enthusiastic bird keepers here. With this in mind, I had a look at the sale section and I personally find it hard to work out who is local. Anyway.. this is a suggestion section and I have made my suggestion.

Obviously established forum members have worked out other means to buy or swap products and birds but I was thinking more of new members and encouraging new forum memberships....

I do agree the friendliness and help here is great.

Winston
Diane

fishdance wrote:I had a look at the sale section and I personally find it hard to work out who is local.
The majority of members have their location under their avatar pic.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”