yet another forum suggestion

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
fishdance

Although this idea is probably better for an actual bird club/ society than an online community, I humbly suggest that with the incredible wealth of expertise and knowledge here, it would be fantastic if a designated guru took it upon him /herself to privately contact new members to offer their help and experience, especially useful if new members are local.
It's quite intimidating for new members to ask for help and to fumble around the forum pperhaps never finding what they want only to disappear forever. Taking a new novice underwing is a great way to establish forum loyalty snd can be equally rewarding to both. Its taken me a couple of years of forum lurking to start posting more only because my bird skills are becoming intermediate. Online members can be in different countries but still be helped.

Winston
Canary

Winston

Great suggestion, and with capped plans for most phones these days not too expensive either. The main problem I have is time. I am sure that a lot of members on here talk to each other and in some areas they even catch up for a BBQ regularly. I am in the birdroom in the morning from daybreak until I am getting ready for work, and then in the afternoon from the time I get home to dusk.

One of the features on the forum is Private Message (PM) so that people can send a message without being intimidated,or thinking that they are asking a stupid question. I receive a few PM's and whilst I might not respond the same day I do respond to all.

I have said many times that there are no stupid questions. As long as you keep asking, you keep learning, and often times it will be a question that someone else wants to ask.

Greg
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have been arround birds for years, and still ask "stupid" questions. No one minds what you ask. And online you don't get seen blushing. :oops: So no one should hesitate to ask anything. That said. Your suggestion is a great one. :thumbup:
LML
LML

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”