State-based subfolders?

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
RodBacon

Is there a chance we could break-up the buy and sell sections into each state, to make things of interest/relevance easier to find? We could also have an "anywhere" folder for things that can be posted.
Nova

That's not a bad idea. ATM ppl are supposed to put the location in the subject box but that does not always happen. :crazy:
E Orix

Don't you think admin does enough already.
Being a new member may I suggest you take some time and get to know the Forum.
Also the for sale and wants should not be the major interest in this forum; at least I hope it's not.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Classifieds are easy when everyone does the right thing. Start all classified posts with your state. Be gratefull as most of us are for this great forum, which is almost free. Donations of what we can afford once a year, hardly count. And you only have to type what you are looking for into the "search" at the top right of this page.
LML
LML
SamDavis

A fair few of us on AFF are happy to frieght birds from and to anywhere in the country. State based folders would limit our advert's ability to annoy everyone! :thumbup: :lol:
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If we had state based folders , us poor west aussie would have bugger all to look at. If you have stuff for sale it needs to have the state in the title as not everyone wishes to freight birds.
You should also have it in the wanted section also , that way it gives possible sellers from the east an idea of cost of freight for you.

Normally if you do not have your state in your add , the add would be removed unless some other kind forum member has prompted you to fix it quick... Pete

Also after a period of time old adds are removed ..
RodBacon

E Orix wrote:Don't you think admin does enough already.
Being a new member may I suggest you take some time and get to know the Forum.
Also the for sale and wants should not be the major interest in this forum; at least I hope it's not.
Sorry if my suggestion upset you.
casehulsebosch

I found David's reply a harsh way to welcome new members. I myself had different thoughts about growing this forum.

And how do we know Rod Bacon had not been viewing this forum some time as a non member and was familiar with the daily input by its members and was coming up with, what he thought, was a good suggestion?

Input by forum members should include enhancing the forum across the board, not?

cheers,

case
RodBacon

casehulsebosch wrote:I found David's reply a harsh way to welcome new members. I myself had different thoughts about growing this forum.

And how do we know Rod Bacon had not been viewing this forum some time as a non member and was familiar with the daily input by its members and was coming up with, what he thought, was a good suggestion?

Input by forum members should include enhancing the forum across the board, not?

cheers,

case
David PM'd me. He wasn't meaning to be harsh, even if it came across a little aggressive. I understand the rigours of maintaining such a facility, and know that these places tend to attract a fair share of time wasters and morons, so I expect people to be a little gun-shy from time-to-time! Anyway, I'm here to help if I can guys.

See you in the seed husks!

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”