WHAT IS GOING ON

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
garyh

Had trouble logging on to the forum just before Christmas,Diane fixed things up and no probs,came home from holidays last Saturday to find a new layout of the forum,and seemed quite easy to use ,today went to open up the forum and needed to login again,the old forum layout appeared and it was like going back 4 weeks with posts and pm's,put a post on same site but didn't know if it came through so checked later and again had to log in,this time up came the new format of the forum so all good,checked in again this time ,again i had to log back in but this time it's a whole different set out to the last time,is this happening to other members or is it just me doing something wrong,garyh
Craig52

garyh wrote:Had trouble logging on to the forum just before Christmas,Diane fixed things up and no probs,came home from holidays last Saturday to find a new layout of the forum,and seemed quite easy to use ,today went to open up the forum and needed to login again,the old forum layout appeared and it was like going back 4 weeks with posts and pm's,put a post on same site but didn't know if it came through so checked later and again had to log in,this time up came the new format of the forum so all good,checked in again this time ,again i had to log back in but this time it's a whole different set out to the last time,is this happening to other members or is it just me doing something wrong,garyh
Hi Gary,what do you mean by whole different set out to yesterday. As you have posted it looks like things are ok.

As far as logging in, I login every time as every time when finished viewing i logout. Do you have your username and password saved to the forum by using google as your default browser to save your user/password. Craig
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The website briefly reverted to the old website for me yesterday. All data from the last few weeks was missing and there was a post by 'finchbreeder' in the shoutbox saying "Looks the site is back to normal!"

The hosting company seems to have made a complete mess of the transition.
garyh

Hi Craig,i use the log me in automatically ,and same log out,user name and password is saved,the last time i logged in it was completely different to what i have seen before,like a whole new layout,i also posted this morning on the old site and it excepted the post and i then could read it in the topic's,like going back to the future,garyh
collector_and_buyer

Every time i go to log in now,i have to put in my password,it is not remembering it.Don't know whether it is my computer or something else.Is this the problem you are having?.
Craig52

The only way I can have my passwords saved is to use google as your default browser, it will actually ask you if you want to save your password now or other option is never for this site. Craig
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're having trouble staying logged in, click the "Delete All Board Cookies" text in the bottom right-hand corner. Then close your web browser, clean your browser cache and try again.

The forum should then be able to save your login details again.
garyh

All good today,google asked if i wanted the password saved and thought what the hell,haven't used it before, but the auto login is great,use it all the time,garyh
Craig52

garyh wrote:All good today,google asked if i wanted the password saved and thought what the hell,haven't used it before, but the auto login is great,use it all the time,garyh
:clap: :clap: :thumbup: Craig
garyh

Ok ,so today went to go on the forum and had to log on again ,went to the old forum again,back to the 22nd of Jan,cleared cookies and tried again,same,that was at 7.00 this morning,did notice that Norse from the blue mountains had posted he was having the same trouble,after several tries and it's now 12.20 finally it's gone to the new format,i talked to Gomer and so know what is happening soon,but if any body else is having the same trouble you probable should let the admin know so that they have more info and maybe a quicker fix,cheers garyh

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”