finch compatibility help.

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Castor83 wrote:Hi all thanks for all your replies and help.

and move the red face blue face and tris into the fowl house and hopefully all will be good for all birds.

Please do not keep those species together as they will hybridise..especially the Blue Faced to the other 2....
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So far I have put only the sea greens in my new aviary with my fires cordons and orange breasted finches and they all look like they are coexisting well so far but it is early days. I am going to join my two hexagons with the flight in the middle and place my gouldians long tails and painted finches in there
Those combinations sound fine, and time will tell if they are fine in those size avairys.
But as several of us have said above, you would do best if you can find a way to seperate the types of Parrot finches completely, as they are the proverbial "rodger the lodger" of the finch world and will cause you problems with their tendancy to cross/breed = hybridize between themselves.
Can you put partitions in the "chook" avairy?
LML
LML
collector_and_buyer

To be fair to your birds,you seriously need to do some research on both how many birds you should keep in any given size aviary,along with what species should,or should not be kept together.Your aviary is way too small for those birds and not fair on them and what you think is a big aviary is not.I am surprised that comments here have been so favourable for you.Nothing personal,but please do some research before you throw a heap of birds together in a severely overcrowded environment.
matcho

collector_and_buyer wrote:To be fair to your birds,you seriously need to do some research on both how many birds you should keep in any given size aviary,along with what species should,or should not be kept together.Your aviary is way too small for those birds and not fair on them and what you think is a big aviary is not.I am surprised that comments here have been so favourable for you.Nothing personal,but please do some research before you throw a heap of birds together in a severely overcrowded environment.

Not me, called it from the start.

Well said C&B

Ken.
Zippythedoublebar

finchbreeder wrote:Like the guys have said. Red and Seagreen are varieties of the same thing, but they should not be mixed with Blues or Tris, who should also not be mixed together. So you need at least 3 avairys in a perfect world. And it is also not recomended to mix Gouldians and parrott finches, so 4 avairys would be better.
LML

I've got away with mixing gouldian and RF PF for 6 months now (have bred) and no problems
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”