Noisy miners

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
Zippythedoublebar

Masterfincher wrote:Hi, does anyone have trouble with noisy miners? I have a couple around that come down and appear to chase my finches, but from what i have read, they dont eat other birds. Are they just trying to chase them away? My finches are definately frightened. I also get butcher birds - i know they are trying to eat them.

Honestly I don't have problems from any other birds bothering the aviary except White Plumed Honey Eaters,Little Wattle birds Brown GosHawks and WedgeTailed eagles.
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
Zippythedoublebar

Finchy wrote:
Tiaris wrote:You'd have more chance if the shooing had a t in it.
:lafhard: :D

Wait are you Finchesca? I'm subscribed to you Tryinglittleleg is my username.
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
arthur

Zippythedoublebar wrote:Honestly I don't have problems from any other birds bothering the aviary except White Plumed Honey Eaters,Little Wattle birds Brown GosHawks and WedgeTailed eagles.
Not all at the same time . . I hope :o
Zippythedoublebar

arthur wrote:
Zippythedoublebar wrote:Honestly I don't have problems from any other birds bothering the aviary except White Plumed Honey Eaters,Little Wattle birds Brown GosHawks and WedgeTailed eagles.
Not all at the same time . . I hope :o
Funnily enough I've only ever had 2 birds killed by other outsiders.....

Had a brown goshawk attack today almost took one of the Gouldians and tried to take the dove! :notsure: :shock: :!: :thumbdown: Ps I'm pretty sure if they al attacked at once all hell would breaklose their would be feathers everywhere....
D0NKEY

Came across this on the net today... they claim works 7 of 10 times with miners, only problem one of the 3 times it doesnt could be fatal ... has anyone seen or tried this ?

http://www.birdgard.com.au/pest-control ... llent-eyes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matcho

All sounds good, but doesn't work for the noisy miners, that products is made to keep crows, doves, Indian Mynas et al away from were we have our food...eg, outsides cafes etc. About as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike in my opinion.
CathyCraftz

I have the same problem when I moved my Finches outside for the summer and has to constantly chase those noisy miners away. Best thing you can do is just try and keep a close eye on them.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”