Forum updates and improvements thread

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
Tass

Hi Ian

I found when I clear my history, I always have to sign , other than that I'm straight in
Craig52

I have never used the "remember me" option and always login with every visit. My login details are set down the bottom of the Index page where i just click login,how easy is that. I always Logout when i finish my session as well, i can't understand why you would want to be logged in permanently so can someone please explain this to me please. Craig
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ian Hamilton wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 18:21 Hi Shane,

Is it normal for me to have to re-login every few weeks ? I'm sure its more frequent than monthly. I haven't been keeping dates.

Anyone else finding the same ?

Ian
Do you use multiple devices? I find whenever I switch between my desktop and laptop, it logs me out. I guess it's just one of the quirks in the forum software being used.
Ian Hamilton

Ahh yes, of course. Thanks Shane.
starman

Craig52 wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 20:33 I have never used the "remember me" option and always login with every visit. My login details are set down the bottom of the Index page where i just click login,how easy is that. I always Logout when i finish my session as well, i can't understand why you would want to be logged in permanently so can someone please explain this to me please. Craig
I think this may be a "generational" thing Craig. I also log on and off habitually. With me, it probably results from being overcautious after forgetting to log out of a secure site and being surprised when family members have asked should that site still be open. This is no longer a problem as most people have their own computer (or two) these days, but the habit persists.... not such a bad habit in some respects.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is a wise person thing. My sons degree is in Intranet security and he logs out and is under 35
LML
LML
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An issue in the forum software relating to image uploads has been fixed.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of the standard emotion smilies have been updated to make them look more... this century.

:D :) ;-) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :|
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shane - if this is too hard, just tell me to chase myself - but I have observed that sometimes members are not reading the dates of posts. Not always a problem - but with the classies it is - so any way of having any classies over 12months old vanish into the eather?
LML
LML
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

finchbreeder wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 11:36 Shane - if this is too hard, just tell me to chase myself - but I have observed that sometimes members are not reading the dates of posts. Not always a problem - but with the classies it is - so any way of having any classies over 12months old vanish into the eather?
LML
Done. They'll now vanish 1 year after publication.

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”