New forum

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
Poohbear UK

You're gonna have to transfer those posts from the old forum somehow Steven You can't expect members to have to go through the introductions all over again...takes too long and will put folks off posting.
Steven

Hey Paul yes i am trying to get all off the posts and threads here but its going to be a bit hard as Unfortunately, since the forum provider was free, there is lack of major features with it. There is no FTP to transfer the files, nor phpMyAdmin to export the database. This is why, we can not transfer the forum from the old one but there a other ways to get them so members will have to give me sometime as this may take a few weeks to do.
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is there anything that would stop you from plain old copy and paste. I understand it would take a while to do.
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Steven

Hi i could copy and paste all the threads and post but then they would be by me not the real members that posted them
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

how about asking each member if they would be willing to set a password known only to you and them for a couple of days, would that allow you to copy and paste under other peoples names. after a couple of days ( or however long you require) you could email the members asking them to reset their passwords giving control of their accounts back to them.
if that would help then I would be willing to do it.
Mick.
Steven

Yes I am happy to do that for members if they want me to if you would like your post back on the forum send my your user name and password though PM and you post will be added to the forum
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

just realised that doing that with the passwords will only work if you have everybody's. if you do not have acess to all accounts then there will be posts that were made as answers to topics but no original topic (maybe).
let me know what you decide to do Steven
Mick.
Steven

Thanks to the members that sent me there information as you can see i have added a few of your old post to the new forum but i can't add anymore till i get other members passwords some of the topics on the old forum are started by different members

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”